This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Office 365 Blog articles.
Today we are pleased to announce some exciting new features available in Office Lens this month.
Immersive reader for Android
Immersive reader is a popular feature on various Microsoft apps on across platforms, including Windows, web, and iOS. We’re excited to bring Immersive reader directly into Office Lens for Android. Immersive reader will be available for English content only.
Immersive reader helps users easily scan and read content, not only making a digital copy of the content, but also creating a more accessible content capture experience.
- Read aloud allows users to have text read out loud while highlighting each word. This feature of Immersive reader improves text decoding, fluency and comprehension while sustaining focus and attention.
- Increase or decrease the font size for better visibility of text.
- Wide text spacing optimizes font spacing in a narrow column view to aid reading fluency for users with visual crowding issues.
- Rewind and forward — Allows the user to move backwards and forwards in the content.
- Control the speaking rate of the voice reading aloud the text.
Tap to Select for Android
When you tap the camera screen to focus, Office Lens will attempt to find the document boundary around the tapped area to lock it in. This feature is especially helpful when there are multiple document-like objects in the camera view and you want to select a particular one to scan.
Snap to Edge for Android
Removing the background from documents is now easier. When scanning a document, move the crop handles and the cropping boundary will snap to the nearest document edge.
Text annotations for iOS
Previously released on Android, you can now annotate photos with text of different styles and colors after they’ve been taken with Office Lens.