This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Office 365 Blog articles.
The Office Online team is pleased to release our latest update to Office Online Server (OOS). OOS empowers organizations to view, edit, and create documents in the browser with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote from their own datacenter.
Please verify that you have the latest version of the OOS release to ensure the best experience.
The November 2018 update of OOS includes the following improvements:
- Additional formatting options in PowerPoint Online such as paragraph customization (indentation, line spacing, spacing), custom slide sizes, enhanced table functionality, increased list options
- New PowerPoint Online slide themes
- Pivot tables, conditional formatting for Excel Online
- Faster boot and editing performance in Word, PowerPoint and Excel Online
- Accessibility & usability improvements across all applications
- ULS logging formatting changes (details)
- Many more improvements + bug fixes across all applications
How do I get OOS/download the update?
We encourage OOS customers to download the November 2018 release, as only the latest version will be supported with bug fixes and security patches available from the Microsoft Updates Download Center. You must uninstall the previous version of OOS to install this release.
Eligible customers can download the latest update of OOS through the Volume License Servicing Center (under the product pages for Office Professional Plus or Office Standard). Customers that have purchased Office 365 Pro Plus subscriptions or Software Assurance (SA) with an Office licensing suite will have OOS rights for document creation, editing, and save functionality. Other volume licensing customers, except those who have purchased Open licenses, can download OOS with view-only functionality. For more information on licensing requirements, please refer to our product terms.
For customers whose licenses qualify for OOS, but cannot obtain OOS through the Volume Licensing Services Center, the following actions are possible:
- VL Open customers can contact their Support Center.
- Direct customers can submit a request from their Office 365 admin center or contact support.