This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Student Developer Blog articles.
First published on MSDN on Nov 29, 2018
Finding and developing the most valuable skills to apply towards your desired career can be a challenging task. How can you showcase everything employers ask for in just one short interview? The secret, according to experts, is by doing what you love and feeding your passion daily so that you show up to your interview just as you would any other day: curious and ready to make an impact. Learn how to tell a story through your resume and in interviews to showcase your passion effectively and stand out from the crowd. Try flipping the script during your interview – arrive with your own questions for potential employers to make sure the role is a good fit for you.
Resources to help make your resume shine:
- Not sure where to start? Check out these simple resume templates .
- Try using Resume Assistant in Microsoft Word , which uses AI to suggest improvements based on how other top people in your field describe their work on LinkedIn.
Learn with f ree t raining and put key skills on your resume.
It all starts with a strong foundation. Check out some free training tools and resources that will help you build your technical foundation:
- Azure for Students is our exclusive offer for student developers, giving you access to 25+ services plus USD100 in credit for FREE, no credit card required.
- Microsoft Learn offers free hands-on online training. Earn points and levels, use guided learning paths tailored to your skills and prepare to take industry-recognized Microsoft certifications to enhance your resume.
- GitHub features a collection of hands-on coding labs designed to help Computer Science students learn how to deploy solutions to the Azure cloud involving common scenarios such as Web development, AI and machine learning, data science, and IoT using cross-platform technologies.
- Microsoft Docs is the home for all Microsoft documentation for developers. Check out quickstarts, tutorials, API reference and code examples.
Test your skills outside the c la ss room and s how your passion for tech in our global innovation competition , Imagine Cup .
Take your skills to the next level as you compete against students around the world for a shot at up to USD100,000!
Microsoft’s Imagine Cup is a global competition that empowers the next generation of computer science students to team up and use their creativity, passion and knowledge of technology to create original solutions. One idea starts the journey for the chance to win cash, travel, mentoring and more. Register today and bring your project to the global stage!
Learn how to get started with these tips from last year’s World Champions:
T urn your passion into a caree r .
When smart people with a passion for technology get together, they create things that change the world. Start your career journey with LinkedIn for Higher Education and find resources for seeking jobs and internships, networking, applying and putting what you’ve learned into practice.
A few options for career steps:
- Interested in Artificial Intelligence? Learn more about graduate opportunities with the new Microsoft AI Development Acceleration Program and get access to mentors, exposure to industry leaders and solve some of the most exciting and challenging problems in AI.
- Take a look at the Explore Microsoft Internship Program , where students in their first 2 years of college are given the opportunity to explore different roles in software engineering across 12 weeks to help develop career interests.
Searching for other opportunities? We have more than 100,000 employees in more than 100 countries, working on hundreds of products. Imagine the impact you can make. Check out the Microsoft Careers Page to learn more about career opportunities for university students.
Follow us on social and s tay up to date with the latest tools and offerings for student developers.