This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: MSDN Blogs.
We're proud to announce that all packages for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises v8.X) Update 2.4 were released March 12th, 2019 to the Microsoft Download Center and are available for download! Appropriate packages will appear on Microsoft Update shortly.
Note: The Updates documented in this blog update the Dynamics CRM/365 Customer Engagement components described in this Microsoft Knowledge base article:
Note the naming convention change! For more details, see the Dynamics CRM Product Group blog "New naming conventions for Microsoft Dynamics CRM updates"
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.4 Build number:
Here's the "Master" Microsoft Dynamics Knowledge Base article for Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.4: (KB 4490601). Going forward, the plan is to continue publishing Master Knowledge Base articles for CRM Updates a bit in advance of release to aid planning.
The "Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365 Updates: Release Dates, Build Numbers, and Collateral" Page
For pointers to download locations, release dates, build information, and CRM Premier Field Engineering blogs and podcasts for all supported Microsoft Dynamics CRM Updates, Update Rollups, and Service Packs, visit the "Microsoft Dynamics CRM / Dynamics 365 Updates: Release Dates, Build Numbers, and Collateral" page.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.4 Prerequisites:
- Essentially the prerequisites listed in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2016 Implementation Guide download or Online TechNet for the various CRM components serviced.
Fixes released via Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) Update 2.4:
The following list details issues whose resolutions improve the speed or functionality of Dynamics.
- Incremental system-wide performance improvements have been made in this update.
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions performed in Dynamics that do not work as intended.
- After running a search in the Quick Find Search field, and then deleting the field's value, no results were displayed, when instead the full list of files should be displayed.
- OOB resources were displayed in English regardless of the language setting used.
- Selecting the "Access it here" link resulted in a blank page opening instead of ISH being launched.
- Copied read-only values were stored twice into the clipboard and resulted in a duplicated value when pasted.
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- Update 72 for Google Chrome causes file names to append characters to the filename that prevent the file from being opened.
- Contacts synced from CRM online to Outlook using server-side synchronization displayed an email address in place of the first and last name.
- The routing rule set sequence contained duplicates, and rule items could not be moved up and down when the sort arrow was clicked too frequently.
- Buttons intermittently stopped working, requiring the user to refresh the page to restore functionality.
- The regarding field was not updated when multiple users tracked the same email.
- Searching for queue items returned no results.
- Meeting attachments could not be opened after downloading them.
- The Lookup control did not load when a user attempted to open it after it was already loaded once successfully and then closed.
- Searches could not be performed when using the KB Associated view.
- The To field was blank in the email window that appeared when the "Email Article" link was selected in an article associated with a form.
- Charts did not render for views with filter criteria.
- The scroll bar in the Rule Criteria section of rule item records became blocked when any routing rule sets were enabled.
- Images wider than 610px were not fully displayed and were not scrollable.
- Imported managed solutions containing OOB TBX could not be deleted.
- The available regarding records changed continuously each time an email was selected (only opportunities may be shown, then opportunities and projects, and so on).
- Server-side synchronization did not reopen tasks in Outlook when the tasks were reopened in CRM.
- The Dynamics add-in could not render webpages.
- Outlook with CRM could not be configured.
- In a complex hierarchy of subjects viewed in ISH via the Subject Tree Control, a node vanished from view when one or more nodes were expanded.
- Appointments tracked using Mail app were duplicated when the "Track Appointments from Non-Organizers" setting was enabled.
- The Global Object ID field was empty when tracking meetings/appointments in Outlook Web Access using the Mail app.
- A referenced entity was deleted when a queue item was deleted.
- The current Japanese era was displayed when a new Japanese era should have displayed.
- The regarding of Email and Custom activities were not updated to be the Master Case after a case merge took place.
- Emails were automatically promoted when the email queue was configured to promote all emails.
- The Option Set field could not be set as Required on Dynamics 365 for Tablets.
- Updates to Appointments set entirely within the past unintentionally sends meeting invites/cancellations to attendees.
- A workflow that triggers after creating new Contact on Account entities intermittently failed.
- The CRM app for Outlook page timed out for customers with 2,000 enabled users.
- Messages were missing localization for users lacking permission to create leads and contacts.
- No more than four attachments could display in emails' attachment grid.
- The header was missing from the "Record Creation and Update Rule Item".
- Users were redirected to the Expresso app page when attempting to use the Dynamics 365 UWP app (Windows 10 app) on a Win10 phone device.
- Child processes could not be created through custom entities.
- Appointments containing Korean characters could not be manually tracked via the CRM Outlook client.
- The camera would not open for the barcode scanner, and the scanner's Save button was grayed out.
- KB articles could not be searched in CRM dashboards.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- Task items failed when an object reference was not set to an object instance.
- An exception occurred when editing or exporting apps.
- An error occurred when creating a holiday schedule record with dates that coincided with the change to Daylight Savings time.
- An error occurred when branching the condition on editing and removing an else branch.
- An error occurred when opening a record if Social Insights was in the form.
- Importing the Currency Excel file failed with an error.
- An error occurred when opening Service activities from an SLA Associated view.
- An error occurred when exporting order products.
- An error occurred when importing reports.
- Emails with attachments failed to send.
- An error occurred when editing rollup calculations for the Rating field.