This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: FastTrack Blog articles.
FastTrack for Microsoft 365 is a program from Microsoft that was designed with one goal in mind: to help IT departments like yours maximize the value from your investment. It is included with eligible Microsoft 365 subscriptions at no additional cost. FastTrack helps with three things.
- Light up Microsoft 365 services
- Migrating data
- Driving user adoption by providing digital assets
Check out this video to learn more about the basics of FastTrack services.
FastTrack best practices for deploying Microsoft 365
FastTrack has collaborated with over 60,000 organizations and we have learned a lot based on those experiences. Here are our top five best practices for successful Microsoft 365 implementations:
- Establish key prerequisites for a successful deployment, by setting realistic project timelines; engaging the right set of stakeholders; aligning your project with broader organization goals; and involving leadership.
- Architect for security first to ensure your project is secure from the beginning. Delays occur when customers try to add security later.
- Plan early for migrations so you have time to properly assess your current infrastructure, determine what data to migrate, create a sequence of migrations, and establish a migration schedule.
- Do not fear app compatibility when moving to Windows 10 and Office 365 ProPlus. While 99% of apps don’t require any remediation, if there is a need, use the Desktop App Assure service to help you.
- Drive adoption of your newly deployed technology, by identifying and recruiting key stakeholders to ensure your organization will buy into this change; generating awareness and excitement with an internal communication campaign; and training users for the new technology.
You can learn more about these five best practices in our video.
FastTrack at Microsoft Ignite | The Tour
The FastTrack for Microsoft 365 team has been on a roadshow as part of the Microsoft Ignite | The Tour events since December 2018. The Tour is a free, two-day training targeted for technical professionals. We have two more events in this series over the next two months. Check out the Microsoft Ignite | The Tour website to see if there is a location near you.
Our FastTrack presence at The Tour includes two theater sessions, as well as a dedicated FastTrack booth, in the expo area, where customers can meet one-on-one with FastTrack experts to learn more about the program and get answers to your questions. The experience of having productive conversations with customers about their Microsoft 365 planning, deployment, and user adoption efforts has been fascinating. If you can’t make it to an event, the above referenced videos are a good resource for you to learn more.
What’s new: Submitting a Request for Assistance just got easier
The FastTrack team is pleased to announce a simplified and improved experience to request FastTrack assistance for Microsoft 365. It includes an intuitive, step-by-step process, helps you select the most important scenarios and products, and takes less time to complete. Watch this video and read our blog to learn more.
It’s easy to get started, visit the FastTrack site and request FastTrack assistance.