This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft SharePoint Blog articles.
Your digital transformation vision is set. You’re all in [insert #cloud emoji]. “Let’s do this,” says the review board, key stakeholders, and your own ‘bounding into the future’ self. Know this: there is no written tech law that demands or declares a move of everything to the cloud in one weekend. Crawl, walk, run. It can be done. That’s what the best consultants say. Move some, train, adopt, measure; next workload; rinse and repeat.
In this episode of The Intrazone, we examine what customers do when they first move to the cloud, and review steps to compliment that move with search best practices and backup technologies. We hear firsthand from customer Love's Travel Stops & County Stores, Daryl Bowdoin – Manager of Business Systems and Marrell Sanders – Senior AppDev Administrator, and their ongoing process moving from on-premises to the cloud. And Matthew McDermott from Spanning Cloud Apps talks in depth about cloud data backup, protection, the 93-day recycle bin limit and retention policies.
Do crawl. Do Walk. Do run to listen to the full audio of episode #29.
Link to people, articles and resources mentioned in this episode
- The Intrazone Audience Survey
- 2018 Cost of a Data Breach Study by Ponemon Institute https://www.ibm.com/security/data-breach
- "Overview of Office 365 security and compliance retention policies"
- "Restore items in the Recycle Bin of a SharePoint site"
- Microsoft Tech Community
- Microsoft Ignite | The Tour (various cities worldwide throughout 2019)
- SharePoint Conference, May 21-23, 2019, Las Vegas, NV
- Use one of these speaker codes to get $50 off your registration fee; pick the speaker that you're most excited to see, use that code when you register to save yourself money and give them kudos to let them know you’re interested in what they're doing at #SPC19.
- SPS Events, Twitter @SPS_Events (various cities worldwide throughout 2019)
- SharePoint Fest Washington, D.C. April 29 - May 3, 2019, Twitter @SharePointFest
- Microsoft Build 2019, May 6-8, 2019; Seattle, WA
- European Collaboration Summit, Wiesbaden, Germany, May 27-29, 2019
- Microsoft Business Applications Summit, Atlanta, GA, June 10-11, 2019
- ESPC, European SharePoint Conference, Office 365 & Azure Conference - December 2-5, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
- SharePoint Twitter @SharePoint | website
- Daryl Bowdoin, Manager of Business Systems, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores –@LovesTravelStop| website | LinkedIn
- Marrell Sanders, Senior AppDev Administrator, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores – – Twitter @TechRevMarrell - @LovesTravelStop| website | LinkedIn
- Matt McDermott - principal technical marketing engineer @MatthewMcD - @Spanning | website | LinkedIn
- Mark Kashman – Twitter @mkashman
- Chris McNulty – Twitter @cmcnulty2000
Listen to the show! If you like what you hear, we'd love for you to Subscribe, Rate and Review it on iTunes or wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to visit our show page to hear all the episodes, access the show notes, and get bonus content. And stay connected to the SharePoint community blog where we’ll share more information per episode, guest insights, and take any questions from our listeners (TheIntrazone@microsoft.com). We, too, welcome your ideas for future episodes topics and segments via The Intrazone survey. Keep the discussion going in comments below; we’re hear to listen and grow.
Thanks for listening!
Start crawling. The SharePoint team wants you to unleash your creativity and moving to cloud precision. We will do this, with a crawl, walk, run episode at a time.
Mark Kashman, senior product manager (Microsoft 365)
The Intrazone links
- Show Page: https://aka.ms/TheIntrazone
- Apple Podcasts
- Google Play