This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Daylight Saving Time & Time Zone articles.
The March 2021 Cumulative Update Preview release for Windows includes the following time zone updates for Volgograd, Russia:
- Individuals and organizations in Volgograd were recommended to temporarily set the time zone on their devices to “(UTC+3:00) Moscow, St. Petersburg” from December 27, 2020 at 02:00.
- Beginning with the March 2021 Cumulative Update Preview, Volgograd will now move back to Windows time zone, "(UTC+3:00) Volgograd". Note that the offset is UTC+3:00 instead of the earlier UTC+4:00 for Volgograd.
- This can be done in one of the two ways:
- Select the Windows logo key, type "time zone", and select Change the time zone. From the time zone dropdown, select "(UTC+3:00) Volgograd".
- Navigate to Control Panel > Date and Time > Change time zone. From the time zone dropdown, select "(UTC+3:00) Volgograd". Select OK to apply the change.
- This change is for customers running the following Windows 10 versions:
- Windows 10, version 1809
- Windows 10, version 1903
- Windows 10, version 1909
- Windows 10, version 2004
- Windows 10, version 20H2
- Volgograd customers running other, supported versions of Windows will see the relevant changes in the April 2021 monthly quality update.
For Microsoft's official policy on DST and time zone changes, please see Daylight saving time help and support. For information on how to update Windows to use the latest global time zone rules, see How to configure daylight saving time for Microsoft Windows operating systems.