This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Today, we are announcing the 2nd annual Hackathon for Azure Sentinel! This hackathon challenges security experts around the globe to build end-to-end cybersecurity solutions for Azure Sentinel that delivers enterprise value by collecting data, managing security, detecting, hunting, investigating, and responding to constantly evolving threats. We invite you to participate in this hackathon for a chance to solve this challenge and win a piece of the $19000 cash prize pool*. This online hackathon runs from June 21st to Oct 4th, 2021, and is open to individuals, teams, and organizations globally.
Azure Sentinel provides a platform for security analysts and threat hunters of various levels to not only leverage existing content like workbooks (dashboard), playbooks (workflow orchestrations), analytic rules (detections), hunting queries, etc. but also build custom content and solutions as well. Furthermore, Azure Sentinel also provides APIs for integrating different types of applications to connect with Azure Sentinel data and insights. Here are few examples of end-to-end solutions that unlocks the potential of Azure Sentinel and drives enterprise value.
- Azure Sentinel Solutions blogpost provides examples of end-to-end solutions that deliver product and/or domain and/or industry vertical value.
- SOC Prime Sigma integration provides an example of API integration.
- Azure Sentinel2Go lab with pre-recorded data provides an example of a tool that enables easier onboarding to Azure Sentinel.
In addition to learning more about Azure Sentinel and delivering cybersecurity value to enterprises, this hackathon offers the following awesome prizes for top projects:
- First Place (1) - $10,000 USD cash prize
- Second Place (1) - $4000 USD cash prize
- Runners Up (2) - $1500 USD cash prize each
- Popular Choice (1) - $1000 USD cash prize
- The first 10 eligible submissions also qualify to receive $100 each.
Note: Refer to the Hackathon official rules for details on project types that qualify for each prize category
In addition, the four winning projects will be heavily promoted on Microsoft blogs and social media so that your creative projects are widely known to all. The criteria for judging consist of quality of the idea, value to enterprise and technical implementation. Refer to the Azure Sentinel Hackathon website for further details and get started.
Judging commences immediately after the hackathon submission window closes on October 4th, 2021. We’ll announce the winners on or before October 27th, 2021. Our judging panel currently includes the following influencers and experts in the cybersecurity community.
- Ann Johnson - Corporate Vice President, Cybersecurity Solutions Group, Microsoft
- Vasu Jakkal - Corporate Vice President, Microsoft Security, Compliance and Identity
- John Lambert - Distinguished Engineer and General Manager, Microsoft Threat Intelligence Center
- Nick Lippis - Co-Founder, Co-Chair ONUG
- Andrii Bezverkhyi - CEO & founder of SOC Prime, inventor of Uncoder.IO
- Start by registering for this hackathon at the Azure Sentinel Hackathon website and invite your friends to join in the fun!
- Build your project by following the Get Started guidance. We have Azure credits for eligible participants to help you get started!
- Learn about Azure Sentinel and explore the Azure Sentinel GitHub for inspiration.
Let the #AzureSecurityHackathon begin!
*No purchase necessary. Open only to new and existing Devpost users who are the age of majority in their country. Game ends October 4th, 2021 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time. Refer to the official rules for details.