This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
For Windows 365, App Assure is now here to help with app compatibility! This expansion of the App Assure program scope is another step Microsoft is taking to further our application compatibility promise to you. Microsoft is committed to ensuring your apps work on the latest versions of our software: apps that work on Windows 7/8.1/10 will work on Windows 365. And, in the off chance that an app doesn’t work, our App Assure engineers will fix it at no additional cost with an eligible subscription.
Windows 365 is a cloud service that introduces a new way to experience Windows 10 or Windows 11 (when it’s generally available later this calendar year) for workers from interns and contractors to software developers and industrial designers. Windows 365 takes the operating system to the Microsoft cloud, securely streaming the full Windows experience—including all your apps, data, and settings—to your personal or corporate devices.
Windows 365 offers a familiar, easy to use, and always available technology, so you can work and create across secure, high-powered computing, on any device.
- Personalized Cloud PCs: Stream your apps, data, content, settings, and storage from the Microsoft Cloud with Windows 365
- Simple, powerful, and secure: Easily set up and scale Cloud PCs to fit your needs and securely support your hybrid workforce.
- Stream to any device: Pick up where you left off, on any device, and experience new opportunities for work and collaboration
Commitment to ensuring your apps work
The App Assure service launched in October 2018 to provide you with the confidence that apps will work on Windows and Microsoft 365 Apps. Since then, we’ve added compatibility promises for Windows 10 on ARM, Windows 11, Microsoft Edge, and Azure Virtual Desktop to address application compatibility issues, so that you can continue to use your business-critical applications.
Going the extra mile
If you do encounter an app compat issue on a Windows 365 Cloud PC, App Assure engineers will work with you to help you resolve the issue. Our experts will:
- Help you troubleshoot and identify a root cause
- Provide guidance to help you remediate the application compatibility issue
- Engage with third-party independent software vendors (ISVs) on your behalf to remediate some part of their app, so that it’s functional on the most modern version of our products
- Work with Microsoft product engineering teams to fix product bugs
We’re committed to not only helping you find a remediation for your app compat issue, but also going the extra mile by working with our engineering teams to find and fix the root cause, thus continuing to improve our products.
Get started with App Assure
Visit aka.ms/AppAssureRequest or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your request for app compat on Windows 365 Cloud PC assistance, which will be assigned to your dedicated App Assure Manager. Learn more about App Assure compatibility assistance here. You can also watch this introductory video on AppAssure. Learn more about Windows 365 here.