This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
In this release of the Microsoft Information Protection SDK, we've focused on support for MSG files, added support for the latest versions of Debian and Ubuntu, optimized MIP SDK Initialization, and more.
- Full support for Debian 10 and Ubuntu 20.04. Ubuntu 20.04 is also supported via .NET Core.
- Updated Java preview to version 1.10.
- Support for reading and writing labels on MSG files.
- Revamped the initialization process and simplified configuration by exposing a
MipConfigurationclass. This class allows developers to control the same settings previously set by MipContext, in addition to delegates, feature flags, and other overrides.
- Added several new error codes to provide better error handling when dealing with protected content.
- Added a new storage delegate for C++ version that allows developers to override the default SQLite storage. This is useful for instances where the MIP SDK cache needs to be shared across multiple nodes in a service.
For a full list of changes to the SDK, please review our change log.