This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from August 31st, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
Welcome to the first in a new series of weekly calls focused on capabilities of the all up Microsoft 365 platform. You are encouraged to register at Microsoft 365 Developer Program for free E5 developer tenant and other assets. Visit the new Microsoft 365 sample gallery with more than 500 samples from Microsoft and community. Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in September. Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365). View the Microsoft 365 Developer blog for the latest news in last 7 days from Microsoft on Microsoft 365 platform. The Microsoft 365 Community (PnP) – August 2021, update is now available! A hearty thank you goes out to the community members, organizations and Microsoft employees who have contributed their time and talents to this community in the last month. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- New public preview version of SharePoint Framework v1.13
- Action required: Update your Office Add-in dialog for cross-domain communication
- Changes to the Microsoft 365 usage reports API
- Opt in to PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – September 21st (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – October 5th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – September 28th
- Ask me anything – Recognition Program – September 7th
- Ask me anything – Script Samples – September 14th
- Ask Me Anything – Power Platform Development & Samples – September 28th
- First Time Presenter – October 12th
- More than Code with VSCode – September 14th
- Maturity Model Practitioners – September 21st and every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Thank you for your continued contributions of your time and talent to the betterment of this community. Stay well. See you soon.
Demos delivered in this session
Getting started with Microsoft Graph Toolkit – there is lots of data and insights available to developers via Microsoft Graph. Easily access this content using the Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT) with authentication providers, web components, utilities and often requiring only 1-4 lines of code! Render agendas, files, people and more in your apps courtesy of Microsoft Graph. ACTION: Visit MGT Playground at https://mgt.dev and take the Learn Microsoft Graph Learning Path.
Introduction to Microsoft Graph .NET SDK v4 – learn about and see a subset of new features delivered in the latest .NET SDK. Highlights include streamlined authentication with Azure Identity, added support for System.Text.Json, rich notifications that support encrypted content, and new Graph Response <> object. Also, ODataType is no longer specified by default, improved testability of GraphServiceClient and additional fixes. Visited code for authentication, serialization, Graph response, and PageIterator.
Getting started with Microsoft Teams UI Library – specifically learn about capabilities in the Microsoft Teams UI Kit v2.2 that includes core components, scenario-based templates, and best practices for designing Teams apps that deliver consistent user and developer experiences. Open source React components implement the Teams UI kit. See the fluent UI libraries on GitHub and npm.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 8:38
- Monthly contributors on the Microsoft 365 platform community assets – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 11:12
- Demo: Getting started with Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm – 15:30
- Demo: Introduction to Microsoft Graph .NET SDK v4 – Maisa Rissi (Microsoft), Andrew Omondi (Microsoft) – 28:14
- Demo: Getting started with Microsoft Teams UI Library – Will Shown (Microsoft) – 42:11
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Toolkit – Microsoft Graph Toolkit
Sandbox - Microsoft Graph Toolkit Playground
Repo – microsoft-graph-toolkit
Documentation - Localizing the Microsoft Graph Toolkit components
Documentation - Get change notifications delivered in different ways
Community - Microsoft Teams UI Kit
NPM Library - @fluentui/react-teams
GitHub Library - @fluentui/react-teams
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- M365 General Dev call – September 2nd at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft 365 platform – September 7that 8 AM PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Office add-in monthly call – September 8th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- SharePoint Framework call –September 9th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – September 9th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – September 15th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform –September 16th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 31st of August 2021