This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from September 7th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? You are encouraged to register at Microsoft 365 Developer Program for free E5 developer tenant and other assets. Visit the new Microsoft 365 sample gallery with more than 500 samples from Microsoft and community. Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in September. Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365). View the Microsoft 365 Developer blog for the latest news in last 7 days from Microsoft on Microsoft 365 platform. The host of this call was Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) |
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Updates for Microsoft Teams bots in Multi-Geo environments
- Changes to the Microsoft 365 usage reports API
- Opt in to PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – September 21st (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – October 5th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – September 28th
- Ask me anything – Script Samples – September 14th
- Ask Me Anything – Power Platform Development & Samples – September 28th
- First Time Presenter – October 12th
- More than Code with VSCode – September 14th
- Maturity Model Practitioners – September 21st and every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Thank you for your continued contributions of your time and talent to the betterment of this community. Stay well. See you soon.
Demos delivered in this session
Microsoft Graph Toolkit Latest Releases – 2 key new features in v2.3 are Teams MSAL2 Authentication Provider (built on top of MSAL-browser using more secure Authorization Code Flow with PKCE, supports interactive login and SSO) and a file upload feature added to File List component (allows users to upload items to a location in OneDrive/SharePoint). This is the first MGT release where all major features were contributed by community!
Getting started with Microsoft Lists templates – how to and the journey ahead. Rolling out APIs and Tools late September to enable community to create, publish and store custom list templates (lists from your organization). 8 OOB templates today, help create 40+ by year end. Use PowerShell to connect to SPOService, see Cmdlets to extract json from an existing list and use in list template design. Upload/expose new template on site. Topic related Q&A.
Introduction to Microsoft Graph CLI – learn about a non-PowerShell, cross platform alternative command line experience for accessing the Graph. The development journey – today - Public Preview v0.1.6 (Windows) to GA (Win, Mac, Linux, Docker). CLI demo - get the CLI msi from the Repo, install it, help to see commands, authenticate against Graph, use scopes, list users in tenant, specify output parameters – select or JsonPath queries.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) |
- Demo: Microsoft Graph Toolkit Latest Releases – Elise Yang (Microsoft) |
, André Lage (Datalynx AG) | – 6:20
- Demo: Getting started with Microsoft Lists templates – Harini Saladi (Microsoft) | @HariniSaladi – 14:32
- Demo: Introduction to Microsoft Graph CLI – Roina Ochieng (Microsoft) | @roinochieng, Samwel Kanda (Microsoft) | @samwelkanda – 30:17
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
Repo - Microsoft Graph Toolkit
Sandbox – Microsoft Graph Toolkit Playground
Resources - Microsoft Lists Resource Center
Documentation - Creating custom list templates |
Repo - Microsoft Graph CLI
- PnP Weekly – Episode 133 (September 6th) with Helsinki-based Software Designer and MVP - Gautam Sheth (Valo) | @gautamdsheth | video | podcast
- Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) |
@jthake and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365) |
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- Office add-in monthly call – September 8th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- SharePoint Framework call – September 9th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – September 9th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft 365 platform call – September 14th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Power Apps monthly call – September 15th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- M365 General Dev call – September 16th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – September 16th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 8th of September 2021