This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
On September's M365 Government Community Call, we are joined by Tasha Scott and Sean Bugler, to discuss the Power Platform and even dip our toes into licensing! Before that, some news and government-focused community events. Skip past the video to read all about the episode, or join us live (or watch the recording) September 14th at 11:30am eastern time here:
In the news:
- Microsoft has pushed a massive update on the CMMC Acceleration Program
- What's New in Teams August 2021: What’s New in Microsoft Teams | August 2021 - Microsoft Tech Community
- Retention Policies and Customizable Praise hit the GCC
- Teams are bumped to allow 25k members per team
- Organizations can now customize the app store with custom logos, backgrounds, and text colors
- Recording and live transcription can now be started simultaneously
- Reporter and Side by Side presenter mode is now available
- GCC & GCCH
- MacOS gets native Teams notifications and can now include computer audio
- New settings for managing attendee's audio/video permissions
- You can now lower ALL raised hands
- Breakout room now have timers, bringing all of attendees back to the main meeting when they expire. Organizers can also reassign participants when the rooms are opened, which can persist across multiple sessions.
- GCCH & DOD
- Chat preview notifications can be modified when sharing your screen with Windows 10 native Teams notifications
Government Community Events:
In this episode we dig into the following topics (with some links to what we discussed):
- How is access to the Power Apps URL different from commercial to GCC to GCC-H, etc?
- What are some key considerations in governance for the Power Apps service?
- How do you manage users creating mission critical applications/workflows? And specifically, how do you keep those mission critical applications running when users change agencies or leave?
- What is a custom connector? How are they different from SharePoint and Dataverse (and Dataverse for Teams?
- How do you get started learning about Power Apps?
- What licensing model is best for ….. ?
Today's panelists can be found on Twitter if you want to connect with them further!
Due to time, we were unable to deep dive on the Dataverse, but we know there are a TON of questions out there, so post your questions below and we'll pull together a future episode on Dataverse as a follow up!