This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from September 14th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? You are encouraged to register at Microsoft 365 Developer Program for free E5 developer tenant and other assets. Visit the new Microsoft 365 sample gallery with more than 500 samples from Microsoft and community. Access the latest free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities. Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in September. Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365). The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Viva Connections Public Preview
- Beyond sharing your screen: Interactive collaboration with apps in Microsoft Teams meetings
- Announcing the new Microsoft Teams authentication provider and file upload feature in the Microsoft Graph Toolkit
- Breaking changes to the me/assignments endpoint in the Microsoft Graph Assignments API (beta)
- Opt in to PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – September 21st (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – October 5th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – September 28th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – Power Platform Development & Samples – September 28th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – List Formatting – October 5th
- First Time Presenter – October 12th
- More than Code with VSCode – TBS
- Maturity Model Practitioners – September 21st and every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Thank you for your continued contributions of your time and talent to the betterment of this community. Stay well. See you soon.
Demos delivered in this session
Introduction to new modernized SharePoint Store – with the mid-August GA release, My Apps and Sharepoint Store pages have been modernized along with the experience for requesting & installing SPFx apps. User and the administrator (tenant wide) experiences in both classic and modern UIs are shown. New capabilities - automatic sign on, automatic hosting, consistent dev experience and industry standard tooling. Nice wrap up with FY22 Roadmap.
Latest on SharePoint Site Scripts – Intro and Roadmap – changes: Site Designs are now Site Templates – a packaging of site scripts. Site templates are applied via site settings or via PowerShell. Site Templates are available on Teams Channel Sites now as well with several restrictions. In the update, there were some regressions that are now being addressed. Exciting capabilities in the works - feature Roadmap reviewed and input is requested.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 8:47
D1: Introduction to new modernized SharePoint Store – Yi Han (Microsoft) – 12:12
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D3: Issues – sp-dev-docs
D3: Feedback - Site Script Feedback
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- Power Apps monthly call – September 15th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- M365 General Dev call – September 16th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – September 16th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- Microsoft 365 platform call – September 21st at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- SharePoint Framework call – September 23rd at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call – October 13th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – October 14th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 15th of September 2021