This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from September 21st, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? You are encouraged to register at Microsoft 365 Developer Program for free E5 developer tenant and other assets. Hear about the upcoming M365 Ecosystem Security - ISV and Customer Surveys. Access the latest free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities. Visit the new Microsoft 365 sample gallery with more than 500 samples from Microsoft and community. Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in September. Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365). Registration for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) – November 2-4 is now open. The host of this call was Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) |
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Changes to the Microsoft 365 advanced eDiscovery create case API (beta)
- Bringing large groups and communities together in Teams
- Multi-tenant architecture for SaaS apps
- Register for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) - November 2-4, 2021- https://ignite.microsoft.com
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – TBS (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – October 5th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – September 28th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – Power Platform Development & Samples – September 28th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – List Formatting – October 5th
- First Time Presenter – October 12th
- More than Code with VSCode – TBS
- Maturity Model Practitioners – October 19th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Together mode is back and the house is packed! Great seeing everybody. See you again soon.
- M365 Ecosystem Security – ISV and Customer Survey – walk through 2 new surveys targeted to Customer and to Developer/ISV. Objective is to understand from customers their top concerns when adopting and configuring third party applications that meet compliance needs. And from a partner perspective, to understand what Microsoft can do as a platform provider to help you build secure applications and drive customer adoption. Surveys are being sent out this week.
Demos delivered in this session
- Microsoft Teams Sample code showcase – 4 Microsoft produced Teams samples - Build tabs with Adaptive Cards (build Teams tabs with Adaptive Cards using Node or C#), Receive all channel messages with RSC (Preview) (bot receives all channel messages with RSC without @mention), Real-time Teams meeting events (bot receives real-time meeting events), and SSO for Tabs + Bots + Messaging Exchange (ME) (combined SSO for Bots, Tabs & ME). Discussion on Resource-specific consent (RSC) for granular consent.
Preview on new templates for Microsoft Teams and SharePoint in SharePoint Framework – resetting design and default experiences by modernizing default SPFx web part templates. UX updates - fully sectioned, color aware, detects if in SharePoint or Teams environment, on page guidance for page creators, theme aware. Changes included in SPFx v1.14 rolling out this Fall. Thoughts on UX? Join the discussions in SP Dev docs. Q&A and bonus - glimpse the Viva Dashboard (web part) in Teams.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) |
- The M365 Ecosystem Security - ISV and Customer Surveys – Gladys Kenfack (Microsoft) – 8:53
- D1: Microsoft Teams Sample code showcase – Wajeed Shaikh (Microsoft) – 16:55
- D2: Preview on new templates for Microsoft Teams and SharePoint in SharePoint Framework – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 16:55
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Customer Survey - Microsoft 365 – Security/Privacy/Compliance Customer Survey
- Developer survey - Microsoft 365 – Security/Privacy/Compliance Developer Survey
D1: Samples - Microsoft Teams Samples
D1: Support and Feedback - Microsoft Teams developer community channels
D1: Documentation - Designing Adaptive Cards for your Microsoft Teams app
D1: Documentation - Update your Teams app manifest
D1: Documentation - Receive all channel messages with RSC
D1: Documentation - Resource-specific consent
D2: Discussions - SharePoint/sp-dev-docs (github.com)
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- SharePoint Framework call – September 23rd at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Microsoft 365 platform call – September 28th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- M365 General Dev call – September 30th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Office add-in monthly call – October 13th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – October14th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – October 20th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – October 21st at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 22nd of September 2021