This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
KubeCon + CloudNativeCon is next week, from October 11-15, 2021 in Los Angeles and virtually from anywhere. With a keynote, multiple sessions, learning labs, a virtual booth and more, there are lots of options to connect and see what Microsoft has been up to with Kubernetes and open-source on Azure.
Microsoft Azure booth learning opportunities and theater sessions
At the Microsoft Azure booth, expect to meet subject matter experts and see demos for the latest Azure Kubernetes Service for cloud-native development, security, operational efficiency, serverless, service mesh, hybrid, and open-source projects like Helm, KEDA, and Dapr.
You’ll have an opportunity to go through a hands-on lab to get started with using Kubernetes and cloud-native technology on Azure.
Finally, we’ll be running several live theater sessions for a range of topics like service mesh, Kubernetes security, Krustlets, migration of legacy apps to Kubernetes, DevOps, and more, with a daily raffle to win Surface Earbuds or Surface Headphones.
Connect with us virtually
If you can’t be here in person, we’re still looking forward to connecting with you.
- If you’re registered for KubeCon, join us at the virtual Microsoft Azure booth.
- Drop by Slack on channel: #6-kubecon-microsoftazure.
- Register to attend an Ask-me-Anything (AMA) session hosted by Microsoft Reactor. This event is open to everyone, regardless of their KubeCon registration. Join Kubernetes co-founder and Microsoft Corporate Vice President, Brendan Burns, Bridget Kromhout, Principal Program Manager, Lachlan Evenson, Principal Program Manager, and Sean McKenna, Principal Program Manager on Thursday 14th of October 2021 at 1:30 PM Pacific time. Brendan and team will share their thoughts on the latest developments in Kubernetes and cloud native on Azure, and answer your questions about containers, Kubernetes, and the future of Cloud Native application development.
Swag, of course
Make sure to stop by the Microsoft Azure booth for a cute plushie from Phippy and Friends and pick up the new edition of the Phippy book, From 00-K8S, with love! We’ll also have stickers and other goodies.
What are you going to build next?
We’re seeing customers from all industries use Azure and cloud-native technologies to solve hard problems and innovate faster than ever before. City National Rochdale, a wealth management company, built a personalized customer acquisition app with Azure Kubernetes Service and Azure Cosmos DB which delivered an 80 percent reduction in the time required to create a proposal. ÖBB transitioned their Ticketshop platform to a hybrid environment that spans on-premises resources and services like Azure Kubernetes Service and Azure Database for PostgreSQL helping them deliver new features faster and with more flexibility. New South Wales Health Pathology implemented a large-scale digital healthcare platform using Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Functions, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL Database, streamlining the way their systems support state-wide health initiatives.
Whether you’re going to attend virtually or in person, we’re looking forward to meeting you and listen to what are you going to build next.
Want to learn more about Kubernetes and open-source on Azure? Here are a few resources to get started:
- Explore Kubernetes learning and training resources—including videos, articles, books, and technical webinars.
- Build, deliver, and scale container-based applications faster with Kubernetes with the Kubernetes eBook collection.
Create cloud native apps with Azure and open-source software on Microsoft Learn.