This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from October 12th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? You are encouraged to register at Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free E5 developer tenant and other assets.
- Access the latest free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Sample Solution Gallery with more than 500 samples from Microsoft and community that allow you to learn by example, expedite your development and appreciate what is possible.
- Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in October/November.
- Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365).
- View video or listen to podcast of the latest episode of Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly, hosted by Vesa Juvonen and Waldek Mastykarz.
- Registration for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) – November 2-4 is now open.
- The Microsoft 365 Community (PnP) – October 2021, update will be available soon!
- A heart felt thank you goes out to the community members, organizations and Microsoft employees who have contributed their time and talent to this community over the last month.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call and specifically during the last 10 minutes of call.
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- New ways for Cloud Storage Partners to integrate their services with Microsoft Teams and Office
- Breaking changes to the settings endpoint in the Microsoft Graph eDiscovery API (beta)
- Register today for Hacktoberfest 2021 – https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com
- Register for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) - November 2-4, 2021- https://ignite.microsoft.com
- Opt in to PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – October 13, November 3rd (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – November 17th
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor - October 27th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – November 16th
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – November 30th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – PnP PowerShell – October 26th
- First Time Presenter – TBS
- More than Code with VSCode – November 9th
- Maturity Model Practitioners – October 19th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Thank you everybody for being here today in the Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call.
Demos delivered in this session
Hands-on with Microsoft Graph File Uploads and Downloads – building file access into a Microsoft 365 application using Microsoft Graph! Quick review of available Learning Path modules (lab exercises) calling on MGT in JS development. Focus on one module/scenario covering listing, downloading and uploading large/small files from OneDrive for Business using a single-page java script application leveraging Microsoft Graph. Tips on authentication, permissions, and execution using Graph SDK or HTML commands.
Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2 and SharePoint Framework debugging – the Teams Toolkit for VS Code v2.0, in preview, has native support for debugging SharePoint Framework solutions directly inside the Microsoft Teams workbench! In this walk through, Vesa uses Toolkit v2.7 to quickly create a Teams app hosted in Azure, sets a breakpoint, runs npm install and gets a debug error. Great, working as expected! Exemplifies new generation of multi-product toolkits.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 7:30
- Monthly contributors on the Microsoft 365 community efforts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 8:40
- Demo 1: Hands-on with Microsoft Graph File Uploads and Downloads – Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German – 12:39
- Demo 2: Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2 and SharePoint Framework debugging – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 30:55
- General Q&A - Microsoft 365 Platform Team – 43:56
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Learn - Microsoft Graph Fundamentals
D1: Learn - Get started with Microsoft Graph Toolkit
D1: Documentation - Microsoft Graph REST API v1.0 reference
D2: Tools - Teams Toolkit (Preview)
D2: Documentation - Build apps with the Teams Toolkit and Visual Studio Code
- PnP Weekly – Episode 138 (October 11th) with Germany-based Office Apps and Services MVP, consultant, developer Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese and Belgium-based SharePoint/Power Platform developer at Qubix, Carmen Ysewijn | @CarmenYsewijn | video | podcast
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- Office add-in monthly call – October 13th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- M365 General Dev call – October 14th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – October 14th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Microsoft 365 platform call – October 19th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Power Apps monthly call – October 20th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- SharePoint Framework call – October 21st at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – October 21st at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 13th of October 2021