This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from October 26th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? Join the Microsoft 365 Developer Program today and get a free E5 developer tenant and other assets.
- New Learning Path - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections - free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Preview the Microsoft 365 Sample Solution Gallery with more than 600 samples from Microsoft and community that allow you to learn by example, expedite your development and appreciate what is possible.
- Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in November. Upcoming Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions for CLI for Microsoft 365 and for PnPjs.
- Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365).
- View or Cast the latest episode of PnP Weekly – Episode 140 (October 25th) with Sweden based MVP and Chief Technical Architect at Advania - Simon Ågren |
. | video | podcast
- Registration for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) and join the Ignite watch party.
- Microsoft 365 Community (PnP) – October 2021 update is now available.
- Hear about this week’s top Microsoft 365 Platform related stories and view 2 demos from Microsoft presenters about working with the Microsoft 365 platform.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Next week, join your PnP Community mates in this regularly scheduled Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call time slot for a Microsoft Ignite 2021 watch party. View Satya Nadella’s keynote, comment in chat. Note: Possible daylight savings time conflicts in your country as this call was created in US - Pacific Time Zone.
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – November 3rd (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – November 17th
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor - October 27th Inaugural session
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – November 16th
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – November 30th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) - CLI for Microsoft 365 – November 9th
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – PnPjs – November 16th
- First Time Presenter – TBS
- More than Code with VSCode – November 9th
- Maturity Model Practitioners – November 16th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Thank you everybody for being part of the call today. Join us next Tuesday at this same time for a Microsoft Ignite 2021 watch party.
Demos delivered in this session
Getting started with hub associations in SharePoint - building the hub of hubs – learn about associated hubs and actions - how to set up a hub (designate a site as a hub), register a hub site, associate sites to a hub, and associating hubs to hubs. What can be done from Site Settings vs Admin Center. Hub association limits - 2000 hubs, 3 levels. Associate hubs primarily to associate content – search of designated sites, no theme inheritance.
Progressive Web Apps and Beyond: Supercharging OneDrive & SharePoint web apps – learn about Project Nucleus is a client-side component + local Smart Cache and web server that runs alongside the OneDrive sync app, expressly to increase – speed and consistency, whether on-line or off-line, of apps supported by OneDrive and SharePoint. Project Nucleus works in concert with Progressive Web Apps responsible for rendering apps when off-line. Preview the integration between Project Nucleus and Microsoft Lists, Q&A, Roadmap.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 8:42
- Demo 1: Getting started with hub associations in SharePoint - building the hub of hubs – Cathy Dew (Microsoft) | @catpaint1 – 12:06
- Demo 2: Progressive Web Apps and Beyond: Supercharging OneDrive & SharePoint web apps – Andrey Esipov (Microsoft) – 33:03
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Documentation - SharePoint hub sites overview
D1: Documentation - Planning your SharePoint hub sites
D1: Article - Associate a SharePoint site with a hub site
D2: Documentation - Overview of Progressive Web Apps (PWAs)
- PnP Weekly – Episode 140 (October 25th) with Sweden based MVP and Chief Technical Architect at Advania - Simon Ågren | @agrenpoint. | video | podcast
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- M365 General Dev call – October 28th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft 365 platform call (Ignite Watch Party) – November 2nd at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- SharePoint Framework call – November 4th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call – November 10th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – November 11th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – November 17th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – November 18th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 27th of October 2021