This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
We have released a new early technical preview of the JDBC Driver for SQL Server which contains a few additions and changes.
- Idle Connection Resiliency Feature 1669
- Fix for Bulkcopy multi byte characters in char/varchar columns 1671
- Java 17 support 1676
- Added logging when deriving realm 1672
- Added check for closed statement to registerColumnEncryptionKeyStoreProvidersOnStatement 1644
- Added 42108 and 42109 to transient error list 1643
- Fixed an issue where Statement.closeOnCompletion() would cause a Null Pointer Exception 1639
- Fixed conversion of LocalDateTime and LocalTime to String in Bulk Copy 1640
Getting the latest release
Add the JDBC preview driver to your Maven project by adding the following code to your POM file to include it as a dependency in your project (choose .jre8, .jre11, or .jre17 for your required Java version).
<dependency> <groupId>com.microsoft.sqlserver</groupId> <artifactId>mssql-jdbc</artifactId> <version>9.5.0.jre11</version> </dependency>