This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from November 23rd, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? Join the Microsoft 365 Developer Program today and get a free E5 developer tenant with instant availability, and other assets.
- Get started with free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities. Now with new Viva Connections training!
- Preview the Microsoft 365 Sample Solution Gallery with more than 600 samples from Microsoft and community that allow you to learn by example, expedite your development and appreciate what is possible.
- Sign up and participate in one of a growing number of events hosted by Sharing is Caring during November-December. Upcoming Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions for PnPjs and for MGT in November and for PnP Search in January!
- Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365).
- PnP Weekly – Episode 144 (November 22nd ) with Atlanta, US-based Senior Program Manager on the Viva Connections Platform team - Catherine Chuaga | video | podcast
- The great people, supportive organizations and solid work done in this community over the last month is recognized today! The Microsoft 365 Community (PnP) – November 2021, update will be available soon.
- Hear about the 5 top Microsoft 365 Platform related stories and view 2 demos from Microsoft presenters about working with the Microsoft 365 platform.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Go developers can now access Microsoft Graph with streamlined authentication and more
- Microsoft Teams development: All you need to know
- Developing real-time collaborative apps with Azure, Microsoft 365, Power Platform, and GitHub
- The journey to Viva Topics adoption success: Initiate
- The journey to Viva Topics adoption success: Intro
- Sign up for the – Graph Connector Private Preview
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- Ask me anything (AMA) MGT – November 30th
- Ask me anything (AMA) PnP Search – January 11th
- First Time Contributor Session – December 15th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – TBS
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor – November 24th, December 15th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – November 30th
- First Time Presenter – TBS
- More than Code with VSCode – TBS
- Maturity Model Practitioners – January 18th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Everyone do the Seb Rockelwave! Thank you again to community members and organizations on your November contributions.
Demos delivered in this session
Introduction to SharePoint on-prem Microsoft Graph connector – the SharePoint on-prem connector shown at Ignite 2021 is in Private Preview. The on-prem agent-based connector supports SharePoint 2013/2016/2019. Has ability to crawl sites, site collections, documents. Supports exclusion list & ACL. Secure and compliant by design, basic and Windows Auth. Allows Admins to bring SharePoint on-premises instances to Microsoft Search, Viva, more. Graph accessibility as with entire cloud-based Microsoft 365 ecosystem.
Microsoft Learn Module - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections with Application Customizers - with Viva Connections toolkit installed, step through creating an application customizer from scratch, edit the application customizer code, test the application customizer on a page, and deploy it to a Viva Connections site. Unlike web parts that can be positioned and configured by users, Application Customizers are created and positioned by developers, configured by Site Admins and work only with Viva Connections desktop experience.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 7:24
- Demo 1: Introduction to SharePoint on-prem Microsoft Graph connector - Parag Jain (Microsoft) – 13:00
- Demo 2: Microsoft Learn Module - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections with Application Customizers - Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm & Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 21:07
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Preview – Graph Connector Private Preview
D1: Article - What’s new and what’s next for Microsoft Graph connectors
D1: Documentation - Microsoft Graph connector agent
D2: Learn module - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections with application customizers
D2: Tools - Viva Connections Toolkit (SPFx 1.13) | npm install -g @microsoft/generator-sharepoint
D2: Look book – SharePoint look book
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- M365 General Dev call – November 25th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft 365 platform call – November 30that 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- SharePoint Framework call – December 2nd at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call – December 8th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – December 9that 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – December 15th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – December 16th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 24th of November 2021