This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Why not visit the Microsoft 365 tenant – script samples gallery (118 scenarios and 161 scripts) today. Now there is support for Power Apps PowerShell scripts! Sign up and attend an AMA and other events in December-January hosted by Sharing is Caring. At the same time, sign up for the PnP Recognition Program. No major PnP project version releases this week, but much work is being done. To see current releases and latest updates/nightly builds, access the Repos via the links in table below. There were 2 new script samples delivered this week.
Open-source project status: (Bold indicates new this call)
|PnP .NET Libraries - PnP Framework||v1.7.0 GA, PnP Provisioning Engine Schema v202103||Prepping for v1.8.0 - Winter 2022, .NET 6 support|
|PnP .NET Libraries - PnP Core SDK||v1.4.0 GA, PnP Transformation Framework: Public Preview released!||Prepping for v1.5.0 - Winter 2022, .NET 6 support|
|PnP PowerShell||v1.8.0 GA||In progress: V2 POC, Prepping for v1.8, nightly releases|
|Yo teams - generator-teams||v3.5.0 GA||v4.0.0-next|
|Yo teams - yoteams-build-core||v1.5.0 GA|
|Yo teams – yoteams-deploy||v1.1.0 GA|
|Yo teams - msteams-react-base-component||v3.1.1|
|Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT)||v2.3.1 GA||Preparing v2.3.1 release, working on v3.0.0 - Aligning all Toolkit components to Fluent UI Web Components|
* Note: While version releases are periodic, nightly releases are nightly! Subscribe to nightly releases for the latest capabilities.
The host of this call was David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Join us at the next Microsoft 365 platform call 14th of December @ 8 AM PT
- Latest news from Microsoft engineering on Microsoft 365 topics
- Arvind Ravi - Latest with Microsoft Graph connectors
- Nancy Wang - Script buttons for Office Scripts
- Jay Hangan - Planning to build experiences for the US Government Cloud - what are the differences
- Provide feedback to project teams or roll up your sleeves and join a project team.
- Create a sample, i.e., for Teams visit https://aka.ms/teams-sample-wishlist
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- Ask me anything (AMA) PnP Search – January 11th
- First Time Contributor Session – December 15th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – 2022 Sessions Coming Soon
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor – December 15th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – 2022 Sessions Coming Soon
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – 2022 Sessions Coming Soon
- First Time Presenter – 2022 Sessions Coming Soon
- More than Code with VSCode – More Dates Coming Soon
- Maturity Model Practitioners – January 18th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- Getting Started with Viva Connection ACEs – TBS soon
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
- Please do share your great work.
Microsoft Power Platform Samples: (https://aka.ms/powerplatform-samples)
- Please continue to share your great work.
Script Samples: (https://aka.ms/script-samples)
- 2 New Samples - Scenarios contributed by
- Siddharth Vaghasia | @siddh_me
- Kinga Kazala
– Many thanks!
The house is full! Great seeing everyone today. Coordinated stadium style wave rehearsals starting soon.
Demos delivered in this session
Updates on Independent Publisher Connectors & Notion Connector Demo – 44 connectors in production, 32 in certification pipeline today! The Notion Connector is used to access Notion pages, databases and users. Notion is a cross platform note taking application. Presenters step through copying content from a Notion page into a Microsoft List. Steps - create a new integration, make Notion page content available to API, create flow that extracts data from Notion page.
What's new with Learning Pathways – overview of Learning Pathways, integration with Viva Learning, platform updates, making Microsoft training materials available in your tenant, configuring to expose certain content to your organization, and adding your customer’s training materials to a custom playlist. All content flowing into Learning Pathways is flowing into Viva Learning. Translation - if you’ve invested in Learning Pathways, that content is being integrated into Viva Learning.
Using inline editing with list formatting – inlineEditField attribute – field targeted editing. Scenario: Track toy construction progress in a list where status is displayed in tile view format. Tiles show an image, randomization (Elf quote), and multi-level progress bar using images. The inlineEditField attribute allows user to edit completion status field. Supported and unsupported field types reviewed. Full code in sample. Part 2 of demo (setValue attribute) to be delivered on December 23rd.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos. Request a Demo spot on the call https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
Topics covered in this call
- PnP .NET library updates - Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 5:54
- PnP PowerShell updates - Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 7:41
- yo Teams updates - Rick Van Rousselt (Advantive) | @rickvanrousselt – 9:20
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates - David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 10:54
- Microsoft Script Samples - Paul Bullock (CaPa Creative Ltd) | @pkbullock – 2:25
- Microsoft Teams Samples - David Warner II (Catapult Systems) | @DavidWarnerII – 11:25
- Microsoft Power Platform Samples - April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam – 11:53
- Demo 1: Updates on Independent Publisher Connectors & Notion Connector Demo – Natalie Pienkowska (Microsoft) | @NataliePienkow1, Harshini Varma (Capgemini) | @HarshiniVarmaa & Chandra Sekhar Malla (Royal Group LLC) | @ChandraSMalla – 14:09
Demo 3: Using inline editing with list formatting – inlineEditField attribute – Chris Kent (DMI) | @thechriskent– 47:48
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- D1: Repo - Microsoft Power Platform Connectors
- D1: Connector – Notion
- D1: API - Start building with the Notion API
- D1: User Group - SCMENA Power Platform User Group
- D2: Documentation - Microsoft 365 Learning Pathways Content Updates (December update)
- D2: Documentation - Microsoft 365 learning pathways
- D2: Look book – SharePoint look book
- D2: Repo – Microsoft 365 learning pathways
- D3: Repo - Elf Progress Board
- D3: Documentation - Use column formatting to customize SharePoint | aka.ms/spdocs-column-formatting
- PnP Weekly – Episode 146 (December 6th) with Reykjavik, Iceland-based Consultant and MVP, Derek Cash-Peterson (Sympraxis Consulting) | @Spdcp | video | podcast
- PnP Weekly – Episode 145 (November 30th) with Bristol, England, United Kingdom-based Senior Program Manager on the Microsoft Graph Dev-X team Rabeb Othmani | @Rabeb_Othmani | video | podcast
- Samples - Power Platform Samples | aka.ms/powerplatform-samples
- Microsoft 365 tenant – Script Samples Gallery | aka.ms/script-samples
- Microsoft Teams Samples Gallery | aka.ms/teams-samples
- Microsoft 365 Extensibility look book gallery | aka.ms/m365/extensibility
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- Microsoft 365 platform call – December 14that 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Power Apps monthly call – December 15th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- SharePoint Framework call – December 16th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – December 16th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- M365 General Dev call – December 23rd at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Office add-in monthly call – January 12th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – January 13that 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted at anyone who's interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 10th of December 2021