This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft 365 Blog articles.
Accessibility in Microsoft 365 has become a focal point for a lot of organizations over the last two years. With over 1 billion people living with a disability, we want to make sure everyone is included. I have been legally blind since I was 19 years old when I was diagnosed with Stargardts Disease; an inherited retinal disease. I am constantly looking for the best ways to collaborate with others and how to call out when I need some help!
With that in mind, our Office Engineering team has created a great accessibility app called, Accessibility Reminder, and we're happy to share that it's now generally available for Microsoft 365 users! Download it here.
Accessibility Reminder helps drive awareness of the importance of accessible Office documents with tips and tricks to fix accessibility issues. It's the perfect way to “nudge” fellow collaborators that you or someone you know in the group needs the document to be accessible. The Accessibility Reminder app is available in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint for desktop and for the web.
Check out this short video clip of the Accessibility Reminder app highlighting its features and ease of use:
- Quickly insert reminder comments in Word and Excel (and slides for PowerPoint) to spread awareness of accessibility issues and use of the accessibility checker.
- Create custom comments to notify specific document authors, include personalized messages, organization-specific links, training and more.
- View training content and learn more about accessibility and how to fix issues.
- Spread awareness of the Accessibility Reminder to encourage further usage and accountability.
How do I install and use the add-in?
- Navigate to the download site here.
- Click Get it now and sign in with your Microsoft 365 email address.
- Once authenticated, click Get it now, fill out the form and check the box to allow the use of your profile and click Continue.
- You will then be taken to the Microsoft Garage project download site. Click on each application to install the Accessibility Reminder app. Choose Open in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to get the add-in.
Got questions, comments or feedback? Let us know in the comments below! We'd love to hear from you. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please comment below.
Special thanks to the Office Engineering team and
Continue the conversation by joining us in the Microsoft 365 Tech Community! Whether you have product questions or just want to stay informed with the latest updates on new releases, tools, and blogs, Microsoft 365 Tech Community is your go-to resource to stay connected!