This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
The following topics are covered in this month’s community call: Viva Connections + Adaptive Cards (Dashboard overview, 6 different Quick View card layouts, and comparing card renderings from Designer and Dashboard) Emily Lynam (Microsoft), Max Kulakov (Microsoft), and Siddharth Gulati (Microsoft), v1.5 Blog Post + Website Changes (feature details in latest blog post and v1.5 features added to Designer) - J.P. Roca (Microsoft) and Q&A – members of the Developer and PM teams fielded questions on a host of topics for the last 25 minutes on this call. Questions on Power Apps, Viva Connections, Adaptive Cards, AC in Azure Logic Apps, Adaptive Components, AC Designer, Universal Actions, Teams, Outlook integration… This call was hosted by J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm. Recorded on November 11, 2021.
- Viva Connections + Adaptive Cards :handshake: - Emily Lynam (Microsoft), Max Kulakov (Microsoft), and Siddharth Gulati (Microsoft) | @sidvaani –00:45
- v1.5 Blog Post + Website Changes :loudspeaker: - J.P. Roca (Microsoft) | @jpthepm – 13:53
- Q&A :white_question_mark: - with members of Microsoft Developer and PM teams – 14:53
Viva Connections + Adaptive Cards - overview Viva Connections Dashboard, elements of Dashboard, card layouts, information flow, rendering differences between web and mobile. Viva Connections has 3 pillars – Dashboard, Applications and Feeds. Deep dive into Authoring a Quick View card in both Dashboard and in Adaptive Cards Designer – note same JSON, renders similar card, due to same Fluent UI/React behind scenes. Step through 6 different Quick View card layouts.
Referenced in this call:
- Blog - Announcing Adaptive Cards 1.5 | https://adaptivecards.io/blog/
- Blog - Guidance on implementing partner offerings for Viva Connections with ACEs and custom APIs
- Blog - Viva Connections mobile and new partner integrations are now generally available
Resources in General:
- Let us know the features you need https://aka.ms/ACRoadmap
- Schema Explorer - https://adaptivecards.io/explorer/Action.Execute.html
- Designer - https://adaptivecards.io/designer/
- Get started with Templating - https://aka.ms/ACTemplating
- Browse the Adaptive Cards Code - https://aka.ms/ACRepo
- Find tools, sample cards and more - https://www.madewithcards.io
- Contribution Guidelines – https://aka.ms/ACRepo