This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
In December 2021, we partnered with SWOOP Analytics to host our 2021 Yammer Community Festival . We curated and designed this event with and for our customers and for you to learn from each other. Here’s a recap of what transpired.
Fidelity provided practical guidance on the governance model they used for standing up Yammer communities. Comcast shared how they helped their employees understand the important part that Yammer plays in their employee engagement ecosystem (alongside Microsoft Teams). The Home Depot explained how Yammer supports the lives of their firstline store associates. Victoria Police candidly shared how their network provided emotional support to colleagues as they dealt with the tragic suicide of one of their own. These are just a few examples of the compelling stories that were shared.
We have a variety of recordings of the sessions that answer many questions that you ask us or want to ask of our customers. We’ve broken them up into a few themes , listen to a few or all of them and get ready to take notes!
If you are starting out and just launching your Yammer network, here’s a few sessions that would help set your organization on the right path.
- Comcast: Enabling our people, our priorities and our culture; Chris Harrer, Executive Director, Internal Communications, Kirsten Culbertson, Director, Digital Communications, Comcast
- The Home Depot: What happens when the world’s largest home improvement retailer wants to change how they communicate with 500,000 associates? Tai Collins, Manager, Corporate Communications - Enterprise Social
- Richemont: Richemont’s Yammer Journey Lauriane Dang Van Nhan, Digital Communication Senior Specialist
- Fidelity Investments: How we thoughtfully planned and executed our Yammer deployment; Peter Chapin, Squad Lead, Digital Workplace. Download slides »
Interested in learning more about community management and taking your communities to the next level? Check these sessions out to learn practical tips that you can start right away.
- Aon: How Aon pivoted their Yammer adoption strategies and supercharged their success Gunja Rastogi, Manager - Knowledge Sharing, Aon
- Siemens Energy: How To Yammer - Engaging Managers in Business ; Carla Guest, Senior Communications Manager
- Cognizant: Community Management for Large Networks; Victoria D'Apice-Loh, Yammer Network Administrator | Community Manager, Global Internal Communicator
- The Un-official Guide to an Official Yammer Communities Program; Amy Dolzine, Microsoft Alliance Relationship Director - Americas at EY and Microsoft MVP. Download slides »
Campaigns and Content
Curious about how to set up a campaign, using strategy and user generated content, these companies share their expertise of what works for creating content using Yammer.
- Blue Yonder: Associate Engagement through storytelling; Jenny Fasolino, Vice President Internal Communications, Blue Yonder
- ANZ Bank: The anatomy of a successful Yammer campaign; Richy Cartmell, Digital Channels Adoption Manager - Corporate Communications, Emily O’Brien, Director Customer Success APAC, SWOOP
- RealFoundations: How to write a great post, Lindsey Zollner, Senior Manager, Presence and Asset Support at RealFoundations
Do you have people who are on the front line and looking for more details about how to engage and involve them in your Yammer network? It takes trust and teamwork to help engage this audience, listen to these sessions to learn more about what this looks like.
- Transport for London: Engaging the thousands that keep millions moving; Lloyd Cattell, Digital Communications Manager, James Mountford, Senior Communications Manager
- Victoria Police: Managing difficult conversations on Yammer; Madeline Gillard, Sergeant and Yammer Manager, Jonathan Qiu, change and Adoption Consultant (Engage Squared)
- Aggreko: Using pictures to create a sense of belonging; Paul Brereton, Head of Digital Communications, Aggreko
Yammer Product & Roadmap
Learn more about what’s new and what’s next from our product leadership and teams. Deep dive into the product and find out more about Yammer with these sessions.
- Yammer Roadmap Murali Sitaram, CVP Yammer + Microsoft 365 Groups
Steve Nguyen, Principal Program Manager
- Microsoft: How Yammer’s Feed Algorithm Works; Fernando Martinez, Senior Product Manager (Microsoft)
- Microsoft: Viva Snapshot; Michael Holste, Senior Product Marketing Manager (Microsoft)
- Microsoft: How Customers Shape Yammer; Lacey Rosedale, Principal User Research Manager (Microsoft)
We were happy to bring together our passionate global community of customers and based on the registration, turn out, and feedback from this event, we're excited that there is energy to bring this back again next year.
In case you missed any of the sessions, you can watch them here.