This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Continuing with our release cadence, we’re excited to announce the release of SQL Server 2022 Release Candidate 1. Since the first public preview in May 2022, anyone can download SQL Server 2022 RC1 to try the new features in this release.
SQL Server 2022 is the most Azure-enabled release of SQL Server yet, with continued innovation across performance, security, and availability. It is part of the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform, which unifies operational databases, analytics, and data governance.
RC 1 introduces Hybrid buffer pool with direct write as well as other improvements.
- Read how you can innovate faster and achieve greater agility with the Microsoft Intelligent Data Platform and turn your data into decisions.
- Get started today by downloading the preview or deploying in Azure!
- For installing SQL Server 2022 public preview on Linux, see installation guidance.
- Learn more about the features of SQL Server 2022 by reading the documentation and watching the SQL Server 2022 Data Exposed video series.
- Dive into the technical details including installation guidance and stay up to date with the latest release notes.
- Let us know if you have any thoughts or feedback through our SQL Server feedback portal. We look forward to seeing how SQL Server 2022 will transform your business in the coming months and years.