This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Within hybrid work, organizations have been forced to adapt and reimagine how people will communicate and collaborate. Employees can often work with organizations outside of their own and sometimes need to join meetings from third-party meeting providers. You can now join meeting requests from partners or customers without hassle.
Join occasional external meetings on Zoom or Webex from Surface Hub 2S
Microsoft Teams now detects when you have a Zoom or Webex meeting on your calendar and makes the meeting joinable on your Surface Hub.
From the Home screen:
- Select the meeting to open the Microsoft Teams meeting panel.
- Select Join on the Microsoft Teams meeting panel to open the meeting in the Edge browser.
- Enter your desired external-facing name before entering the meeting, then select ‘Join when you are ready to start.
To get started, check out this short video.
Initially rolled out in March as a Preview experience to select customers, Direct Guest Join is now available broadly across Hub 2S devices. So check it out today and share your experience in the comments below.
- For documentation about launching third-party meetings on Surface Hub 2S, including optional advanced configuration steps, see Microsoft Teams Rooms on Surface Hub.
- For more instructional videos, including how to use the Teams app, check out the Surface Hub return to the office video series.