This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Think about your last web app development cycle—how much did your compute usage vary over time, and how did that impact your budget? When modernizing your apps, we know that compute usage can fluctuate and you want flexible compute pricing that can accommodate both planned and unplanned changes.
Azure App Service provides you with the best solutions to rapidly build, deploy, and manage secure apps at scale. If you’re running dynamic workloads, you will be excited to hear that Azure App Service users on our most popular service plans can save on select compute services through Azure savings plan for compute.
A savings plan suited for your app modernization workload
When choosing your app innovation strategy, we understand how important compute costs can be in the decision-making process and how more flexibility can give you the freedom you need to innovate.
Recently unveiled at Microsoft Ignite 2022, Azure savings plan for compute helps users save money by committing an hourly spend for a one-year or three-year plan for Azure compute resources. If you’re enrolled in an Isolated v21 and Premium v32 service plan on Azure App Service, this savings plan can help you budget more evenly and scale faster knowing you’ll be prepared for surprises that are bound to happen.
With this new pricing offer, Azure App Service users will have an easy and flexible way to save on compute costs, compared to pay-as-you-go pricing, to focus on what matters. Currently, Azure App Service is one of several services with access to Azure savings plan for compute so now is the time to do more with less and take advantage of this savings.
With Azure App Service, we are committed to providing you with cost-effective solutions to help you modernize your apps faster. Here’s a closer look at how Azure savings plan for compute works:
- Azure savings plan for compute offers lower prices on select Azure compute services with a commitment to spend a fixed hourly amount for one or three years
- Customers choose to pay for the commitment upfront or monthly at no extra cost
- As customers use select services across the world, their usage is covered by the plan at reduced prices, helping customers get more value from their cloud budget
- During the times when usage is above the hourly commitment, customers will be billed at their regular pay-as-you-go prices (see image below)
As one of the compute services with Azure savings plan for compute, Azure App Service users enrolled in Isolated v2 and Premium v3 service plans can immediately take advantage of these savings.
Then, dive deeper into these additional resources to learn more about Azure savings for compute:
- Documentation: Save with Azure savings plans
- Learning path: Purchase Azure savings plan for compute
- Video: The Azure Enablement Show – Introduction to Azure savings plan for compute
- Technical training video: Understanding Azure savings plan for compute
Already taking advantage of the Azure savings plan for compute? Tell us what you think so far in the comments.
1Launch of Azure savings plan for compute, the 3-year and 1-year savings plans will have a temporary price reduction for the Windows version of our Isolated v2 plans. On January 1, 2023, the price will increase to the normal savings plan pricing. The pricing for Linux will not change. See the expected pricing as of January 1, 2023.
2At launch of Azure savings plan for compute, the 3-year and 1-year savings plans will have a temporary price reduction for the Windows version of our Premium v3 plans. On January 1, 2023, the price will increase to the normal savings plan pricing. The pricing for Linux will not change. See the expected pricing as of January 1, 2023.