This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Version 18.3 of the Microsoft ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server has been released. Version 18.3 brings some improvements and fixes to the driver.
- Support for Managed Identity (MSI) authentication when in the context of Azure Arc or Azure Cloud Shell and updated to a newer Azure App Service API version
- Performance improvement via more efficient packet buffer memory allocation
- Support for Ubuntu 23.04
- Support for Alpine Linux 3.17
- Support for Alpine Linux 3.18
- Support for the ARM64 architecture on Alpine Linux
- Fix a bug in setting of data classification version attribute
For Windows installations, you can directly download the Microsoft ODBC Driver 18 for SQL Server.
Linux and macOS packages are also available. For installation details see the online instructions.
We are committed to improving quality and bringing more feature support for connecting to SQL Server Azure SQL Database Azure Synapse Analytics, and Azure SQL Managed Instance through regular driver releases. We invite you to explore the latest the Microsoft Data Platform has to offer via a trial of Microsoft Azure SQL Database or by evaluating Microsoft SQL Server.