This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Windows Blog.Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22621.2271 and Build 22631.2271 (KB5030316) to the Beta Channel.
- Build 22631.2271 = New features rolling out.
- Build 22621.2271 = New features off by default.
Changes and Improvements in Build 22631.2271
- The Windows Ink improvements introduced with Build 22631.2050 that enabled inking directly onto edit fields is being temporarily disabled for Windows Insiders in the Beta Channel while we fix some bugs impacting the usability of this experience.
Fixes in Build 22631.2271
- Fixed an issue where the progress wheel in the tab would get stuck showing that File Explorer was loading a folder when the loading had already finished.
- Fixed an issue where rapidly opening two File Explorer windows might make explorer.exe crash.
- Fixed an issue which could make explorer.exe crash when navigating away from Home.
- Fixed an issue where trying to open Gallery after new images had been added might result in a crash.
- Made a few more fixes to help improve File Explorer launch performance, including fixing a leak which would impact performance over time.
- Fixed an issue where File Explorer sorting changes wouldn’t persist in folders after you navigated away and back.
- Fixed an issue which could cause the icons in File Explorer tabs to be incorrect.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the Windows Copilot icon in the taskbar to be flipped backwards for right-to-left languages.
- Fixed a high hitting tabtip.exe crash that may have impacted the ability to type in the last couple flights.
- Fixed an issue where switching search to be an icon in Taskbar Settings could cause explorer.exe to crash.
- Fixed an issue where it wasn’t possible to paste a folder path to mount into the dialog when creating a new Dev Drive.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Task Manager to crash when using the end task option in the Details page recent builds.
- Fixed a sporadic explorer.exe crash related to the use of an HDR wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue where trying to take window mode screenshots was taking screenshots of the entire screen instead of the app in focus for some Insiders.
Microsoft Store UpdateWindows Insiders in all channels running version 22308.1401.x.x of the Microsoft Store and higher will see the following improvement rolling out: New Game Pass page: Explore and subscribe to PC Game Pass or Game Pass Ultimate through our new dedicated page. With the new experience, you can learn about Game Pass benefits, such as exclusive games, deals, free perks, EA Play, and more. It's also easier to discover, jump in, and play your next favorite game, including Day One games, new games on Game Pass, Bethesda games, and more. [caption id="attachment_176529" align="alignnone" width="481"] New Game Pass page in the Microsoft Store.[/caption] FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Microsoft Store.
About the Beta ChannelThe Beta Channel is the place we preview experiences that are closer to what we will ship to our general customers. Because the Dev and Beta Channels represent parallel development paths from our engineers, there may be cases where features and experiences show up in the Beta Channel first. However, this does not mean every feature we try out in the Beta Channel will ship. We encourage Insiders to read this blog post that outlines the ways we’ll try things out with Insiders in both the Dev and Beta Channels.
Important Insider Links
- Want to learn how we made Windows 11? Check out our Inside Windows 11 website to hear and meet our makers from Engineering, Design and Research to share their insights and unique perspectives throughout this journey.
- You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here.
- Check out Flight Hub for a complete look at what build is in which Insider channel.