This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Community Hub.
Welcome to this month's Azure Functions newsletter! We'll share the latest news for Azure Functions here on the Apps on Azure blog.
Azure Functions monthly community live stream
Our next live stream is on September 19, 2023 at 10:00AM PDT (17:00 UTC). Join us and our special guests Matthew Henderson and Fabio Cavalcante from the product group to get an overview of all the recent .NET announcements for Azure Functions, including an updated public roadmap, .NET 8 Preview support, and much more!
Subscribe to the Azure Developers YouTube channel!
- Starting with version 6.0.0 of the Azure Functions Event Hubs extension, a higher default value of 100 will be used for the maxEventBatchSize configuration setting for improved performance. Learn more here.
- Durable Functions for Python v2 Programming Model now generally available
- .NET Updates:
- .NET on Azure Functions – August 2023 roadmap update
- Azure Functions .NET 8 support in Linux plans in preview
- Application Insights integration for the Azure Functions .NET worker generally available
- SDK type bindings in Azure Functions generally available
- ASP.NET Core integration in Azure Functions generally available
- Azure Functions .NET worker cold start improvements in preview