This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a fascinating and rapidly evolving field that has the potential to transform many aspects of our lives, from healthcare to entertainment. We are announcing the ‘AI Kick-off projects’ Learning Challenges that can help you acquire the confidence you need to succeed in AI, whether you're a beginner or an expert.
What is the ‘AI-kick-off projects’ collection?
AI kick-off projects is a new collection of projects available on the Microsoft Learn platform replying to a specific need expressed by the community. It challenges the learner to build innovative solutions with cutting-edge AI technologies for a real-world scenario, starting from the project specification provided by the module’s author.
By learning AI with Microsoft Learn Challenge projects, you can not only enhance your personal and professional development, but also contribute to solving some of the world's most challenging problems using cutting-edge technologies. You can see the learning journey as a loop of learning, feedback, revision and learning again with more accuracy and complexity.
What’s in for me? Is this relevant to my career?
Learning by creating a project can change your career. This is particularly true in the tech domain. Challenging yourself by completing an end-to-end project enables you to gain a deeper level of understanding and makes you feel more confident about the skills acquired throughout the learning process.
There are several benefits for you:
- You’ll be able to validate your learning, decide if you are ready for a certification exam, and/or identify knowledge gaps.
- The result of the project will be your own; so, by completing a Challenge Project Learn module of the collection you’ll get a new project to add to your portfolio.
- Having no step-by-step instructions means there’s a margin for you to add creativity to your code and imagine your solution to the problem. This experience will be helpful for you when you’d like to implement your own idea to address a real-world problem.
As a bonus, since the content is available on Microsoft Learn you will be able to access it from your favorite browser and in your preferred language. When you complete a challenge, you'll earn a digital badge, showing off your achievement!
How can I get started?
- Navigate to aka.ms/ai-kick-off-projects-collection
- Identify the challenge(s) that look more interesting to you (for e. g. because it deals with a technology you want to practice with, or it addresses a scenario closest to your needs). Note that the collection will be regularly updated with new projects, so keep an eye out for the latest content.
- Set up your development environment (local or remote) using the prerequisites listed in the ‘Prepare’ learning unit. For most of the projects you will need an Azure subscription (if you are a student claim your student trial) and a GitHub account.
- Complete the project and have fun!