This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Community Hub.
Announcing more Azure VMware Solution enhancements
Greetings from Barcelona, where the Microsoft team is thrilled to be part of VMware Explore. My team and I will be presenting and are eager to meet with customers and partners in person! Having been at Microsoft for over two decades, I have recently taken the helm of the Azure VMware Solution team and I am excited to hear about your thoughts and experiences using our product.
Here is some of what I have already heard from customers about how Azure VMware Solution is helping their organizations:
“As a public institution, we were very sensitive to the security implemented by Azure VMware Solution in terms of data protection. Our data is hosted in the European Union. On one hand, there is protection for the container that hosts our data, on the other hand, data transmission between SOLIDEO and the Microsoft servers. There's really a portability between the VMware-based SOLIDEO virtual machines, and the Azure cloud. It's a perfect match.” —Dominique Renard, Director of Information Systems Security, SOLIDEO
“As a large, mature organization, we couldn’t undertake a greenfield implementation, but we were able to quickly migrate and stand up our environment in the cloud with Azure VMware Solution” and “Our migration to Azure VMware Solution extended compliance to workloads approaching end of service because of Microsoft support.” —Mark Wiltshire, IT Director, Kier Group
These stories underscore the versatility and efficiency of Azure VMware Solution in addressing diverse organizational needs. We’re eager to hear your experiences too! Please stop by our booth and connect with me and the team.
Check out what’s new in Azure VMware Solution
I am also excited to share some of the recent updates we’ve made to Azure VMware Solution.
- Azure Elastic SAN, in preview, is a cloud-native managed SAN offering scalability, cost-efficiency, high performance, and security. It now supports snapshots, enhanced security, and integrates with Azure VMware Solution. Furthermore, as a VMware Certified datastore, Elastic SAN allows you to independently scale your storage and performance, optimizing your total cost of ownership and scalability. Learn more.
- Azure VMware Solution in Microsoft Azure Government was approved to be added as a service within the Azure Government Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Provisional Authorization to Operate (P-ATO). AVS is already available in Azure Commercial and included in the Azure Commercial FedRAMP High P-ATO. With this latest approval, customers and their partners who require the data sovereignty that Azure Government provides can now meet FedRAMP requirements with AVS in Azure Government. Learn more.
- Azure NetApp Files for Azure Government All Azure NetApp Files features available on Azure public cloud are also available on supported Azure Government regions. For Azure Government regions supported by Azure NetApp Files, see the Products Available by Region page.
- Azure Arc-enabled VMware vSphere is now available. Customers can start their onboarding with Azure Arc-enabled VMware vSphere, install agents at-scale, and enable Azure management, observability, and security solutions, while benefitting from the existing lifecycle management capabilities. Azure Arc-enabled VMware vSphere VMs will now show up alongside other Azure Arc-enabled servers under ‘Machines’ view in the Azure portal. Learn more.
- Five-year Reserved Instance promotion is available for Azure VMware Solution until March 31, 2024 for customers looking to lock-in their VMware costs for multiple years. Contact your sales representative for details. Visit our pricing page.
- vSphere 8.0 will be rolled out starting at the end of November.
If you would like to stay up to date with the latest releases from Azure VMware Solution, please follow Azure updates.
Later this month you can also attend Microsoft Ignite Online: November 15–16, 2023 Learn more.