This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Community Hub.
We're thrilled to announce that Gartner has once again recognized Microsoft as a Leader in the 2023 Magic Quadrant for API Management, marking the fourth consecutive year of this recognition. We believe our continued recognition as a Leader is a testament to our deep customer engagements.
Powering customers’ digital transformation success
APIs play a pivotal role in enabling digital transformation for today's modern organizations. Azure API Management, trusted by thousands of the world’s largest enterprises, empowers businesses to build, secure, and scale their API portfolio. Featuring over a million APIs, and processing over a trillion API requests monthly on the platform, Azure API Management stands as a robust, reliable, and highly scalable solution that seamlessly spans on-premises and multi-cloud environments.
Our diverse range of customer success stories encompasses everything from modernizing legacy applications to innovating with API-first approaches. These efforts have enabled faster innovation, generated new revenue streams, and delivered increased value to both customers and partners.
- Optimal Blue, a division of Black Knight, is a leading player in the mortgage industry. They embarked on a digital transformation journey with an API-first mindset, selecting Azure API Management as their foundational platform. Their ability to scale and bring products to market has greatly benefited from this choice, ensuring scalability, security, and resilience in their operations.
- Bupa, a British multinational health insurance and healthcare company, serves over 43 million customers globally and stands as one of the largest global medical insurance providers. With a substantial presence in Australia, Bupa faced the challenge of modernizing digital channels for their partners. They adopted the Azure API Management platform, which enhanced not only partner collaboration but also bolstered their security posture and boosted developer productivity.
- Beyond enterprise solutions, Azure API Management is playing a defining role in touching lives across the globe. For instance, Tokyo Metro led the way in pioneering a track abnormality detection system using Azure AI and Microsoft Power Platform. The seamless integration of Azure API Management with the Microsoft Power Platform played a crucial role in extending and distributing APIs, thereby empowering low-code developers. This innovation not only enhanced safety and maintenance but also streamlined the inspection process, leading to cost reductions.
Our customers serve as prime examples of businesses that are accelerating digital transformation endeavors through the utilization of the Azure API Management platform.
Delivering new capabilities for Azure API Management
We are committed to ongoing investment, and here are a few highlights of our latest features that that will continue to drive impactful business outcomes for our customers worldwide:
- Centralized API Discovery and Governance: To tame the proliferating and fragmented API landscape, we introduced the Microsoft Azure API Center (public preview). As part of the Azure API Management platform, customers can now consolidate their APIs in a centralized location for discovery, reuse, and governance. The API Center allows you to create and maintain a structured and organized inventory of your organization's APIs, regardless of their type, lifecycle stage, or deployment location.
- Defender for APIs: With the advent of security-first mindset for all enterprise apps, we have integrated a comprehensive defense-in-depth solution into our API management platform. The introduction of Defender for APIs (public preview), seamlessly integrated with Azure API Management, empowers security teams to leverage the Defender for Cloud portal. With this tool, security teams can gain visibility into their business-critical APIs on Azure, understand their security posture, prioritize vulnerability fixes, and detect and respond to active runtime threats within minutes – using machine-learning powered anomalous and suspicious API usage detections.
- New Azure API Management v2 pricing tiers: To make API Management accessible to a broader range of customers and offer flexible options for various scenarios, we have introduced a new set of v2 pricing tiers for Azure API Management (in public preview). The Basic v2 tier is designed for development and testing scenarios, backed by an SLA. The Standard v2 tier, on the other hand, is a production-ready tier that brings advanced API Management features previously exclusive to the Premium tier, such as high availability and networking options.
Partnering for success on your digital transformation journey
We are honored to have been named a Leader in the 2023 Magic Quadrant for API Management. To us, this recognition serves as both a testament and an inspiration to further enhance our already deep customer engagements. Discover how businesses like yours leverage Azure API Management to advance their digital transformation journeys.
Want more to learn more - download a complimentary copy of the 2023 Gartner Magic Quadrant for API Management to learn why Microsoft continues to be a Leader in the API landscape.
Gartner, Magic Quadrant for API Management, Shameen Pillai, Kimihiko Iijima, Mark O'Neill, John Santoro, Paul Dumas, Andrew Humphreys, and Nicholas Carter; October 11, 2023.
Gartner is a registered trademark and service mark and Magic Quadrant is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from Microsoft.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.