This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Windows Blog.Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23585 to the Dev Channel.
Changes and Improvements
- The Camera app, Cortana, Photos app, and People app, and Remote Desktop (MSTSC) client can be uninstalled.
- Fixed a few issues leading to explorer.exe crashes.
- Fixed an issue causing the context menu to draw off screen when invoked using touch or pen on the side of your desktop.
- Fixed the issue causing the purple Chat button to show up again on the taskbar after updating to Build 23580.
[Copilot in Windows*]
- When first launching or after refreshing Copilot in Windows while using voice access, you'll need to use "Show grid" commands to click in the "Ask me anything" box for the first time.
Snipping Tool UpdateWe are rolling out Snipping Tool (version 11.2310.49.0) to Windows Insiders in the Canary and Dev Channels improving HDR display support. Screenshots and screen recording on displays with HDR enabled should be able to better display colors. FEEDBACK: Please file feedback in Feedback Hub (WIN + F) under Apps > Snipping Tool.
For developersYou can download the latest Windows Insider SDK at aka.ms/windowsinsidersdk. SDK NuGet packages are now also flighting at NuGet Gallery | WindowsSDK which include:
- .NET TFM packages for use in .NET apps as described at ms/windowsinsidersdk
- C++ packages for Win32 headers and libs per architecture
- BuildTools package when you just need tools like MakeAppx.exe, MakePri.exe, and SignTool.exe
About the Dev ChannelREMINDER: The Dev Channel has been rebooted. Windows Insiders who were in the Dev Channel on 25000 series builds have been moved to the new Canary Channel. Going forward, the Dev Channel will receive 23000 series builds. Insiders who were moved to the Canary Channel and want to move back to the Dev Channel can follow these instructions to do a clean installation of Windows 11 and then re-join the Dev Channel to receive 23000 series builds. The Dev Channel receives builds that represent long lead work from our engineers with features and experiences that may never get released as we try out different concepts and get feedback. It is important to remember that the builds we release to the Dev Channel should not be seen as matched to any specific release of Windows and the features included may change over time, be removed, or replaced in Insider builds or may never be released beyond Windows Insiders to general customers. For more information, please read this blog post about how we plan to use the Dev Channel to incubate new ideas, work on long lead items, and control the states of individual features. In some cases, features and experiences may go out to the Canary Channel first before going out to the Dev Channel however the Dev Channel will provide better platform stability. As we get closer to shipping, some features and experiences will also make their way to the Beta Channel when they are ready. The desktop watermark you see at the lower right corner of your desktop is normal for these pre-release builds. *Availability of Copilot in Windows: Copilot in Windows in preview is being rolled out gradually to Windows Insiders in select global markets. The initial markets for the Copilot in Windows preview include North America, United Kingdom and parts of Asia and South America. It is our intention to add additional markets over time.
Important Insider Links
- You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here.
- Check out Flight Hub for a complete look at what build is in which Insider channel.