This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Community Hub.
We are excited to see the continuous growth on the submissions of the SharePoint Framework (SPFx) solutions to the app source and on the usage of the SharePoint store for extending experiences for SharePoint and Microsoft Viva. Here are the top 10 most wide used ISVs based on the solution installations from the store and/or from Microsoft AppSource.
SharePoint Framework is extensibility model for Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Microsoft 365 app (Office) and SharePoint. It enables the same code to be used easily across the Microsoft 365 with this widely adopted tooling which uses industry standard tech with easy and automatic SSO and hosting. Usage of SPFx is growing steady and we have currently tens of millions of monthly active users in Microsoft 365 on custom extensibility build with SPFx.
Here are the latest roadmap items around SharePoint Framework and store:
- Additional capabilities and features for SharePoint Framework solutions in Microsoft 365 as part of the SPFx 1.18 release.
- Enabling Microsoft Viva Connections targeted solutions, powered by SharePoint Framework, in the app source and store - Will be automatically set for suitable SPFx solutions as part of the submission pipeline
- Extending SharePoint Framework solutions across the Microsoft 365 with support for Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva, Outlook, Microsoft 365 app (Office), SharePoint and more - see the v1.16 release announcement for more details
- Alignment of SharePoint Framework solution packaging model with the Microsoft Teams packages - include the best of both worlds and enable SPFx powered solutions across the Microsoft 365
- Support for SharePoint Framework solutions in the Microsoft Teams store - no exact schedule, dependent on the previous bullet point
- Support SharePoint Framework extensibility for list and library new, edit and view panels
- Initial version was released in the 1.15 version - your input and feedback more than welcome
- and more to come...
We are looking forward to more great solutions that enable innovation, and help our customers get more done with Microsoft Viva, Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
These are the ISVs which has the most usage from the SharePoint store during last month:
Cerkl Broadcast for SharePoint
Blueshift Software Innovations Inc
- Solution at app source / store
- Solution provider: SharePoint|sapiens
Please see following resources around getting started on building extensibility for Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva and SharePoint using SharePoint Framework.
- Announcing SharePoint Framework 1.18 with updates for Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva and SharePoint
- Announcing general availability of SharePoint Framework 1.16 – Enabling SPFx across Microsoft 365 platform
- Explore and deploy SharePoint Framework solutions from partners in SharePoint (Microsoft 365)
- Overview of the SharePoint Framework
- Publish SharePoint Framework applications to the marketplace
- Overview of Viva Connections Extensibility
- Guidance for implementing partner offerings for Viva Connections with ACEs and custom APIs
- Microsoft Learn - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections
- SharePoint Framework samples to get started from Microsoft and community - Microsoft 365 & Power Platform Unified Sample Gallery
Happy coding! 🧡