This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Channel 9.
In this episode Chris Risner and Thiago Almeida are joined by Anton Babadjanov, Program Manager on the API Management team. Anton joins us to go over some of the new features API Management has released since the team was last on the show over a year ago. Anton starts with a brief review of API Management and then jumps into the new features, starting with it's presence in the modern Azure portal including adding new APIs, examining the steps and policies used with individual APIs, testing API calls, and more. Included in this is a look at the new VNet support for API Management. Anton then goes over one of the more highly requested features: support for SOAP web services. Next we take a look at how Role Based Access Control has been set up to map to capabilities within API Management. Anton finishes by showing how you can now alter the look and feel of your developer portal using templates.
Links from the show:
- [07:20] - API Management in the Modern Azure Portal
- [08:15] - VNet Support
- [18:16] - Properties support
- [22:43] - Working with Soap Services
- [25:30] - Testing API Calls
- [27:24] - Role Based Access Control
- [31:02] - Modifying Configuration through a Git repo
- [33:20] - Modifying Developer Portal Templates
- Azure API Management Landing Page
- Azure API Management Blog
- API Management Roadmap
- API Management Docs
- API Management User Voice