This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Today we are excited to bring innovative transformation in the form of the new Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Pro 8, and Surface Duo 2. We also announced updates to the Go and Pro X lines with the new Surface Go 3 and Surface Pro X – Wi-Fi only.
These innovations highlight our commitment to empower everyone to do magnificent work in a hybrid world. With a focus on all day battery life, always connected LTE as well as form factors that allow you to work where you want, when you want, Microsoft Surface is empowering employees for a more flexible work world.
The Surface Team is pumped to announce the new Surface Laptop Studio. If you are a developer, creative pro, weekend gamer, designer or just want the most powerful and coolest new Surface device, Surface Laptop Studio brings you the power of a desktop, the portability of a laptop, and a creative studio all in one.
Chris Greiser, Surface Engineering lead for Surface Laptop Studio, provides a detailed walkthrough of a product that is the culmination of years of Surface innovation – from hinges, display, silicon, and more –resulting in one powerhouse device. You will learn how the Surface engineers designed and built a new ultra-durable Dynamic Woven Hinge, allowing for seamless transition from one mode to another.
The Microsoft Mechanics team has also created an amazing deep dive tour of the new Surface Pro 8. Join Dave Mitchel, a senior leader on the Surface Engineering team, as he walks you through the full set of enhancements to our iconic 2-in-1 device. Surface Pro 8 is more than twice as fast as Pro 7, with 11th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, two Thunderbolt 4 ports, and the i5 and i7 models are built on the Intel® Evo™ platform. All these performance gains and up to 16 hours of battery life1 make Surface Pro 8 the most powerful 2-in-1 on the market.
We have also added more value for IT with the addition of core investments in security, compliance, device management and servicing. The Surface team has been working closely with the Microsoft 365 team to build a tightly integrated solution that proves built-in is better than bolt-on.
The new Microsoft Surface Management Portal reduces complexity through a centralized Surface dashboard inside the Microsoft 365 Admin Center for self-service monitoring of device health, warranty status, technical bulletins and initializing support requests.
- Reduce IT cost for the organization - View insights into the health of all Surface devices and receive notification about unusual device status
- Ability for customers to self-serve - Monitor warranty of all Surface devices and manage support requests initiated with Microsoft with a click of a button
- Better post sale experience for managed devices - Get the best of both worlds through seamless Surface device management through Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Supports multiple form factors - Supports all Surface devices management through Intune and hybrid managed devices
- Receive regular updates - Managing Surface devices is made easier with regular updates to Microsoft Surface Management Portal
We will be sharing much more about this tool in the weeks to come. It will be launching in theUSA this October and available worldwide later this year.
For Surface Laptop Studio for Business, Surface Pro 8 for Business and Surface Go 3 for Business we are offering OS choice between Windows 10 and the new Windows 11 operating system. OS choice allows for a reduction in IT complexity and costly reimaging services by shipping Surface direct from the factory to an employee’s doorstep, allowing for streamlined deployment with zero-touch Windows Autopilot. Learn more about Surface OS choice on docs.microsoft.com/surface
All these exciting announcements aligns with Surface’s mission to deploy, manage, and secure your devices from almost anywhere through the tight integration with Microsoft 365 Admin Center.
- Zero-touch deployment - Built for Autopilot, Surface reduces IT complexity and eliminates time-consuming corporate reimaging by shipping and deploying straight to your users’ hands. Every Surface running Windows 10 or Windows 11 ships from the factory enabled for Autopilot.
- Cloud-first modern management and control - Give users freedom but maintain control with Microsoft Endpoint Manager and DFCI 2 for complete and seamless device management down to the firmware layer.
- Built-in security is better than bolt-on - Surface + Microsoft 365 provides defense in-depth from chip to cloud all from a single source. From advanced Windows virtualization and Secure Boot enabled by default to intelligent protection from Microsoft 365 Defender, Microsoft provides a single unified solution.
1. Battery life varies significantly based on usage, network and feature configuration, signal strength, settings and other factors. See aka.ms/SurfaceBatteryPerformance for details.
2. Surface Go and Surface Go 2 use a third-party UEFI and do not support DFCI. DFCI is currently available for Surface Go 3, Surface Pro 8, Surface Laptop Studio, Surface Duo 2, Surface Laptop 4, Surface Pro 7+, Surface Laptop Go, Surface Book 3, Surface Laptop 3, Surface Pro 7, and Surface Pro X. Find out more about managing Surface UEFI settings.