This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from September 28th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform. New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? You are encouraged to register at Microsoft 365 Developer Program for free E5 developer tenant and other assets. Access the latest free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities. Visit the Microsoft 365 Sample Solution Gallery with more than 500 samples from Microsoft and community. Sign up and attend one of a growing list of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in October-November. Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365). Registration for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) – November 2-4 is now open. Latest news from Microsoft on Microsoft 365 platform and 2 demos this week. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Register for Microsoft Ignite (Digital event) - November 2-4, 2021- https://ignite.microsoft.com
- Opt in to PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- First Time Contributor Session – November 3rd (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – October 5th
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor - October 27th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – November 16th
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – TBS
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) – List Formatting – October 5th
- First Time Presenter – October 12th
- More than Code with VSCode – November 9th
- Maturity Model Practitioners – October 19th (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Seated outdoors and waving in the Fall season. It’s awesome having you as a member of this community.
Demos delivered in this session
Introduction to Microsoft Viva Connections extensibility – Viva is an Employee Experience Platform (EXP). Latest Viva Connection basics (more than you have seen previously), learn about integrated experiences, view the dashboard, default support for Teams Personal Apps & Bots, custom card capabilities and supports (extensibility). Opportunities for Information worker and front line worker organizations. Demo is Dashboard page (created with no code) and create a card in Card Designer.
Building custom search layout experiences in SharePoint with Microsoft Search – latest out-of-box capabilities in Microsoft Search using Adaptive Cards. Customize search results layout using templates in Search Layout Designer (effectively Adaptive Card Designer). Result Type layouts from Graph connector (GA) and from SharePoint content (Private preview). Include content in search result from outside Microsoft 365, using the Graph connector. Call to Action – Participate in Private Preview and provide feedback on Graph Connector search. Q&A.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 4:24
D2: Building custom search layout experiences in SharePoint with Microsoft Search – Jyoti Pal (Microsoft) – 29:25
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Documentation - Overview: Viva Connections (Preview)
D1: Documentation - Overview of the SharePoint Framework
D1: Documentation - Overview of Viva Connections Extensibility
D1: Documentation - Authenticate users in Microsoft Teams
D1: Documentation - Create deep links
D2: Documentation - Manage search result layouts – Things to consider
D2: Registration - Result type customization for SharePoint content - Private preview
D2: Feedback - Microsoft Search with Graph connector content
- PnP Weekly – Episode 136 (September 27th) with Belgium-based MVP and Technology Evangelist from The Cronos Group - Thomas Vochten | @ThomasVochten | video | podcast
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- M365 General Dev call – September 30th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft 365 platform call – October 5th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- SharePoint Framework call – October 7th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Office add-in monthly call – October 13th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – October 14th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – October 20th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – October 21st at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 29th of September 2021