This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm are joined by UK-based SharePoint developer and MVP at Storm Technology - Joel Rodrigues | @JoelFMRodrigues.
Topics discussed in this session –
- Cultural differences experienced in career transition from Portugal to UK
- How Joel became an MVP
- Joel’s PnP focus - PnP Controls and PnPjs.
- Why contribute?
- How to juggle day-to-day work and community work?
- Embracing and maintaining different code styles across a project.
- Upon submitting code to community, start thinking about scale from day one.
- Microsoft vs Community owned tools.
- Joel's recent focus – Azure functions, authentication and PnP Provision engine work.
- Samples vs blueprints
We also covered 13 articles by Microsoft and the community from the last week.
Please remember to keep on providing us feedback on how we can help on this journey. We always welcome feedback on making the community more inclusive and diverse.
This session was recorded in front of a non-audience on Monday, November 1, 2021. Enjoy the show.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 - 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | October 2021 - Microsoft
- Preview of Feedback for Microsoft Teams now available - Alex Olsen (Microsoft)
- How the Microsoft 365 App Compliance program helps enable a secure Teams app ecosystem - John Gruszczyk (Microsoft)
- New Microsoft Teams features improve call and meeting quality - Robert Aichner (Microsoft)
- Your Guide to Microsoft Teams at Microsoft Ignite Fall 2021 - Microsoft
- Microsoft Ignite 2021 guide to SharePoint, OneDrive, Viva, Lists, Syntex, Stream, Visio and more - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: October 2021 - Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Learn how to extend Microsoft Viva Connections - Rabia Williams (Microsoft) |
- OData property changes to Microsoft 365 usage reports API in Microsoft Graph - Microsoft Graph team
- It’s finally here! Developers can now charge money for Microsoft Teams apps in the App Store - Tom Morgan (Modality) | @tomorgan
- Managing Microsoft Teams using the Microsoft Graph PowerShell - Liam Cleary | @helloitsliam
- spfx-fast-serve with SPFx 1.13 support - Sergei Sergeev | @sergeev_srg
- Working with MSAL and multiple Azure AD accounts in a React SPA - Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Solutions) | @vrdmn
- Microsoft 365 Unified Sample Gallery (preview) - https://aka.ms/m365/samples
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative - Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Want to ask a question or in general engage with the community - Add a note in the Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub at https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
"Sharing is caring!"