This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from November 16th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- New to Microsoft 365 Platform development? Join the Microsoft 365 Developer Program today and instantly get a free E5 developer tenant and other assets.
- Get started with free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities.
- Preview the Microsoft 365 Sample Solution Gallery with more than 600 samples from Microsoft and community that allow you to learn by example, expedite your development and appreciate what is possible.
- Sign up and experience one of a growing number of events hosted by Sharing is Caring in November-December. Upcoming Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions for PnPjs and for MGT in November and for PnP Search in January!
- Tune into the weekly Microsoft 365 Developer Podcast focused exclusively on Microsoft 365 dev topics – hosted by Jeremy Thake (Microsoft) and Paul Schaeflein (Addin365).
- PnP Weekly – Episode 143 (November 15th) with Nairobi, Kenya-based Program Manager at Microsoft - Roina Ochieng | @roinochieng | video | podcast
- Hear about this week’s top 9 Microsoft 365 Platform related stories and view 2 demos from Microsoft presenters about working with the Microsoft 365 platform.
The host of this call was Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) |
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- Ask me anything (AMA) MGT – November 30th
- Ask me anything (AMA) PnP Search – January 11th
- First Time Contributor Session – December 15th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – November 17th
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor – November 24th, December 15th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – TBS
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – November 30th
- First Time Presenter – TBS
- More than Code with VSCode – TBS
- Maturity Model Practitioners – December 21st (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
It's a full house and it's great seeing each and everyone of you.
Demos delivered in this session
Getting started on building Microsoft Teams tabs with Adaptive Cards - appreciate a unified developer experience - power everything in Teams with a Bot back-end and an Adaptive Cards front-end - Chat bots, message extensions, task modules and tabs! Step through setting up a Bot in Azure, building a tab with Adaptive Cards, adding a new card - creating card in Designer and copying JSON into VS Code, and finally rendering new card in Tab.
Microsoft Learn Module - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections with Web Parts. Objective – build a SPFx 1.13 web part to surface important announcements (from a list) on Viva connections Desktop. Test web part in localhost, bundle and deploy. Developers own the web part’s UI – the HTML and CSS, leaving content owners to add and configure web parts on a page.
This demo focuses on Web Parts. Related demos focus on Adaptive Card Extensions and Application Customizers.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Brian T. Jackett (Microsoft) | @BrianTJackett – 5:45
- Demo 1: Getting started on building Microsoft Teams tabs with Adaptive Cards - Loki Meyburg | @LokiMeyburg – 8:30
- Demo 2: Microsoft Learn Module - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections with Web Parts - Waldek Mastykarz | @waldekm & Vesa Juvonen | @vesajuvonen – 27:34
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Documentation - Build tabs with Adaptive Cards
D1: Designer - adaptivecards.io/designer
D2: Learn – Extend Microsoft Viva Connections
D2: Documentation - Plan, build, and launch a home site for your organization
D2: Documentation - Support for Adaptive Cards
D2: Exercise - Extend Viva Connections desktop with web parts
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- Power Apps monthly call – November 17th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- SharePoint Framework call – November 18th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – November 18th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
- Microsoft 365 platform call – November 23rd at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- M365 General Dev call – November 25th at 7:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Office add-in monthly call – December 8th at 8:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – December 9th at 9:00 am PDT | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 17th of November 2021