This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: Microsoft Tech Community - Latest Blogs - .
Microsoft 365 Platform Community Call - weekly community call recording from January 4th, is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp/videos.
Welcome to the weekly call focused on capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Register for the Microsoft 365 Developer Program and get a free E5 developer tenant with instant availability and other assets.
- Get started with free training modules to accelerate learning Microsoft 365 platform capabilities. Now with new Viva Connections training!
- Preview the Microsoft 365 Sample Solution Gallery with 640+ samples from Microsoft and community that allow you to learn by example, expedite your development and appreciate what is possible.
- Sign up and participate in one of a growing number of events hosted by Sharing is Caring during January - February. Upcoming Ask Me Anything (AMA) sessions for PnP Search in January! New class Viva Connections ACEs (Feb 2022)
- Tune into the weekly
- Hear about what’s new with Teams and see 3 demos delivered by Microsoft presenters on latest capabilities of the Microsoft 365 platform.
The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout and live at end of the call.
Microsoft 365 Platform News Flash
- Opt into PnP Recognition Program | https://aka.ms/m365pnp-recognition
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events:
- Ask me anything (AMA) PnP Search – Tuesday, January 11th, 9am PST
- First Time Contributor Session – Tuesday, January 25th, 2pm PST
- Community Docs Session – 2022 Sessions Coming Soon
- Power Platform Samples – First Time Contributor – Tuesday, January 18th, 1pm PST
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – Tuesday, February 8th, 2pm PST
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – Wednesday, January 26th, 7am PST
- First Time Presenter – Wednesday, February 9th, 9am PST
- More than Code with VSCode – Tuesday, February 15th, 2pm PST
- Maturity Model Practitioners – Tuesday, January 18th, 7am PST (every 3rd Tuesday of month, 7:00am PT)
- Getting Started with Viva Connection ACEs (2-part session) – TBS soon
- PnP Office Hours – 1:1 session – Register
- PnP Buddy System – Request a Buddy
- Request a Demo spot on the call – https://aka.ms/m365pnp/request/demo
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly on Twitter.
Welcome to the first call of the new year - 2022. Glad you’re here. See you soon.
Demos delivered in this session
Introduction to Microsoft Teams ISV app monetization capabilities – in addition to purchasing a Teams app in AppSource, users now see a subscription “button” when accessing an app in the Teams App Store as well as in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center. The button is accessing your published app in AppSource along with the platform’s transaction capabilities. Learn about the 5-step publishing process, license options, purchase options, and financial incentives.
Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Using the Person Component in your solutions – this session focuses on the Microsoft Graph Person control and options for customization. See how to use the Person component to get profile and image information on you, on another, on a group of others, on an other’s manager, presence, and on a person outside Graph. As well see customizing for rendering (styles) and for events. See code and rendering side-by-side.
Introduction to new Adaptive Cards samples for Viva Connections Quick View designs – quick review of Viva Connections and 3 key experiences, the 3-layer Viva Connections Adaptive Card Extension architecture specifically for mobile, and finally Card design templates created in the last month that you can paste into the Dashboard Card designer or Adaptive Card Designer to create refined mobile experiences. Demo on Viva Connections adaptive cards designs guidance, samples and possible modification options reviewed.
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- Latest updates and news on the Microsoft 365 platform – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 8:12
- D1: Introduction to Microsoft Teams ISV app monetization capabilities – James Skay (Microsoft) | @JamesSkay – 10:43
- D2: Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Using the Person Component in your solutions – Sébastien Levert (Microsoft) | @sebastienlevert – 19:18
- D3: Introduction to new Adaptive Cards samples for Viva Connections Quick View designs – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 45:21
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
D1: Documentation - Include a SaaS offer with your Microsoft Teams app | aka.ms/teamsmonetization/getstarted
D2: Tools - Microsoft Graph Toolkit Playground
D2: Documentation - Person component in the Microsoft Graph Toolkit
D2: Second session – 14 December 2021 - Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Using Login Component in your solutions – Sébastien Levert (Microsoft) | @sebastienlevert
D3: Samples - Adaptive Card templates - design examples
D3: Documentation - Overview of Viva Connections Extensibility
D3: Tools – Adaptive Cards Designer
D3: Documentation – Overview of Viva Connections Extensibility
D3: Training - Extend Microsoft Viva Connections
D3: Documentation - Designing Viva Connections custom cards for your dashboard
- Archives - Microsoft 365 PnP Weekly - Videos, Podcasts
- PnP Teams Quickstart | aka.ms/pnp-teams-quickstart
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit v2.2 | https://aka.ms/teams-toolkit
- Microsoft 365 PnP Community hub | aka.ms/m365pnp/community
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit in Microsoft Learn | http://aka.ms/learn-mgt
- Viva Connections https://aka.ms/VivaConnections
- SharePoint look book
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video - Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance - Feedback welcome
- Solution - Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Microsoft 365 developer program site - Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service - Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Upcoming Calls | Recurrent Invites:
- M365 General Dev call – January 6th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig
- Microsoft 365 platform call – January 11th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call
- Office add-in monthly call – January 12that 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/officeaddinscall
- SharePoint Framework call – January 13th at 7:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call
- Adaptive Cards monthly call – January 13th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/adaptivecardscommunitycall
- Power Apps monthly call – January 19th at 8:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/PowerAppsMonthlyCall
- Microsoft Identity Platform call – January 20th at 9:00 am PST | https://aka.ms/IDDevCommunityCalendar
Microsoft 365 Platform community call focuses on latest Microsoft 365 Platform updates and demos delivered by Microsoft presenters and takes place weekly on Tuesday. The alternating Special Interest Group community calls each Thursday focus on SharePoint Framework (client-side development/implementation) and Microsoft 365 Platform (includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting, etc. topics.) with demos commonly delivered by community members. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
You can download recurrent invite for this call from https://aka.ms/m365-dev-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments, or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft - 5th of January 2022