This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Topics covered in this month’s community call include demos in Visio, Power BI Tiles, and Reports in Power Apps! (Combining capabilities in Visio, Power BI tiles/Reports and in Power Apps to deliver inventory management and desk reservation solutions), Power Apps Design Philosophy (an aligned value-based approach/process to building Apps), along with Recent Power Apps News and Community Contributions, and more! This session included Q&A in chat. The call was hosted by Todd Baginski (Canviz). Demo presenters are Reza Dorrani, May Alhajri and Charles Sterling. This call was recorded on September 15, 2021. Thank for attending the call or viewing it on demand.
- Visio, Power BI Tiles, and Reports in Power Apps! - Reza Dorrani (Catapult) |
- Power Apps Design Philosophy - May Alhajri |
- Recent Power Apps News and Community Contributions – Charles Sterling (Microsoft) | @chass – 50:53
D1: Visio, Power BI Tiles, and Reports in Power Apps! – how to combine capabilities in Visio, Power BI tiles/Reports and in Power Apps to deliver inventory management and desk reservation solutions. Apps are sharing information and contextually aware of each other = fully interactive Power Apps and Visio diagrams inside Power BI reports and Power BI tiles or full Power BI Reports with Visio diagrams and filters inside of Power Apps using an embed URL.
D2: Power Apps Design Philosophy – an approach/process to building Apps. Planning (before building) the “Canvas” – customer profile, value map and fit. Start with a customer profile - what customer wants to achieve, what they are doing today, their pains, their potential gains. Then create a value map (products and services, pain relievers and gain creators) and finally align or fit the two to excite customers about your value proposition.
Recent News & Cool Stuff:
- Ask Me Anything (AMA) Event Sept 28th for Power Platform samples | https://aka.ms/PNPAMA
- New Data Loss Prevention policies for enhanced Power Platform governance available for Public Preview. (Enhancements include: Connector Action Control, Endpoint Filtering and Custom Connector Parity) | https://aka.ms/DLPEnhancements
- Writing Power Fx formulas with natural language | https://aka.ms/PowerFXFormulas
- Attend the BizApps LATAM Summit - Nov 17-19th | https://aka.ms/BizappsLATAMSummit
- Vancouver User Group with May and Canvas Controls - September 23rd, 6pm PST | Join call at https://aka.ms/vancouverPUG
- Register Power BI Summit 2022 - March 07-March 11, https://globalpowerbisummit.com/
- Join us for our next call: October 20, 2021 at 08:00am PDT | https://aka.ms/powerappscommunitycall
Referenced in this session:
D1: Documentation – Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL
D2: Video – Strategyzer's Value Proposition Canvas Explained
D2: Template – Value Proposition Canvas – Strategyzer
D2: Linktree - May Alhajri – https://linktr.ee/Agent008
- See the full blog post for this call on the Tech Community Blog - https://aka.ms/m365pnp/community/blog
- Microsoft’s Power Platform website
- Power Apps Training Resources - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsTraining
- Power Apps Community - https://Community.PowerApps.com
- Power Apps Community Samples - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunitySamples
- Power Apps Community Videos - https://aka.ms/PowerAppsCommunityVideos
- PowerPlatformLearn Resources | https://www.powerplatformlearn.academy
- PnP Power Platform Samples | https://www.aks.ms/powerplatform-samples
- Power Addicts Hangout - https://wearepoweraddicts.com
- #LessCodeMorePower Video Series - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8IYfXypsj2Cr4DUqMKYkGM-Wejfim2QX
- Share more - draw attention to your great work - #PowerAppsCC