This post has been republished via RSS; it originally appeared at: New blog articles in Microsoft Tech Community.
Today at Microsoft Ignite, we announced that Q&A for Teams meetings and webinars is now available for public preview. Q&A has been in private preview with many customers powering a range of meetings and webinars, and now - and thanks to their invaluable testing - we’re ready for more customers to use it and share their feedback on the experience.
By including Q&A in any Teams Meeting or Webinar, event organizers add the ability for attendees to have a focused, structured conversation where they can ask questions and engage in the discussion with the rich social Q&A features that they know and love.
There are two types of core experiences: Unmoderated and Moderated Q&A.
- Unmoderated Q&A enables all attendee questions to be immediately posted into the Q&A feed for your Meeting or Webinar.
- Moderated Q&A requires questions to be reviewed by the Organizer, before being published for attendees to view and comment on.
All attendees - whether they are a part of your Microsoft 365 tenant, a federated Microsoft 365 tenant, or a Guest user, get the same user experience in Q&A. They can ask questions, reply to questions, and post reactions from the Desktop and Mobile Teams experience across Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
Stay tuned, we’ll be adding even more experiences to Q&A in 2022. Of course, we’re eager to hear from you about your experience with Q&A and the features you want us to build. Here are some highlights of what we're working on next:
- Meeting Delegate can add Q&A: Currently, Q&A can only be added by the Meeting organizer in Teams. Soon, we’ll support Delegates (e.g., Corporate Comms, Exec Admin roles) to also add Q&A to meetings that they organized on behalf of others.
- Enable directly from Outlook and Teams Calendar: Easily set up Q&A at the time of your event creation in Outlook and Teams.
- Q&A in Teams Web: Engage with Q&A in a Teams Meeting or Webinar using a web browser.
- Teams Meeting attendance report: See how attendees engaged in your event with Questions, Answers, Reactions, and more through the attendance report and data export.
- Anyone can join: Users without Microsoft 365 credentials can join Teams Webinars and Meetings and use Q&A.
- Post a question anonymously: Attendees can choose to post a question into Q&A anonymously (configurable by the Organizer).
- Advanced Moderator tools: Ability for moderators to “spotlight a question”, mark answered live, enable GIFs, etc.
- Event Organizer: How to add Q&A to your Webinar or Meeting.
- Microsoft 365 Admins: Administering the Q&A app. (Admin article about data storage, retention, types of users, etc.). Note: These documents will change as we add more features and when Q&A in Teams is Generally Available.
- Q&A Feedback form
The Q&A in Teams Team, Microsoft. Woohoo!!